advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
talk to the hand?!.....this talk show ending.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 06, 2021 02:08PM
.....'A Little Late With Lilly Singh' after two seasons on NBC.....it replaced 'Last Call With Carson Daly'.....she was a 'YouTube star'.....

.....last show is June 3rd.....NBC is looking to get out of original talk shows for late night.......

A Little Late With Lilly Singh: NBC's Late-Night Series to End With Season 2

....NBC is about to have a vacancy on its late-night schedule: A Little Late With Lilly Singh will end with its current second season. The final episode will air Thursday, June 3 at 1:35 am/12:35c.

A Little Late premiered in September 2019, filling the gap left by Last Call With Carson Daly, which ended a few months earlier after 17 years on the air. An NBC insider says that the network is rethinking its 1:30 am time slot and plans to move away from original talk programming.

But Singh — a comedian, actress and YouTube personality — will continue working with NBCUniversal despite the end of her talk show, signing a first-look deal with Universal Television Alternative Studio on Thursday to develop unscripted projects.

“I’m excited to take this next step in my relationship with NBCUniversal and launch a new partnership between my company Unicorn Island Productions and Universal Television Alternative Studio,” Singh said in a statement. “This is a career step that I could only dream of when I started out as a creator, and I look forward to working alongside their team to create projects that bring underrepresented voices to the forefront.”

Added Toby Gorman, president of UTAS, “We are thrilled to bring even more laughter to Universal Television Alternative Studio by partnering with Lilly Singh. Time and time again, Lilly has proven herself as a creative visionary and storyteller who captivates and engages audiences. We look forward to seeing what exciting projects come to life for everyone to enjoy.”

As host of A Little Late, Singh became the first person of Indian and South Asian descent to headline an American late-night talk show on a major broadcast network.

no more......sing(h)ing.....final song.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2021 02:12PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: talk to the hand?!.....this talk show ending.....
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 06, 2021 03:03PM
Thought this was gonna be about Conan O'Brien.

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Conan O’Brien will end his nightly TBS show June 24, the cabler announced Monday night. It will bring to an end the host’s 28-year run as a late night host, stretching back to 1993 when he took over NBC’s Late Show from David Letterman.

TBS’ parent company, WarnerMedia, said in November 2020 that Conan would end this summer. O’Brien signed a deal with the company at that time, under which he’ll host and produce a weekly variety show for HBO Max and continue making the Conan Without Borders travel specials for TBS.

The final weeks of Conan will feature a lineup of special guests and an hourlong finale June 24 that will include a look back at his 11 years on TBS.

“We are winding down our TBS show,” O’Brien said at the start of Monday’s Conan. “The plan is to reemerge on HBO Max sometime in the near future with I think what will be my fourth iteration of the program. Imagine a cooking show with puppets, and you’ll have the wrong idea.”

Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 06, 2021 05:07PM
I occasionally watched A Little Late With Lilly Singh. It really didn't care for it. I suppose if I were in charge of NBC, I would have canceled it.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 08, 2021 11:40AM
If Conan can somehow continue his segments with members of his production staff (Jordan!), I'll continue to watch on YouTube. I never once did see his whole show, as we don't recive TBS on cable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020