advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon order 5/5, ETA on 5/7. Now not yet shipped
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 07, 2021 10:21PM
Kid ordered an item for his gaming computer, it was supposed to arrive today so he can play this weekend. Now Kid is disappointed the item didn't even ship.

Item is in stock, tracking number is an Amazon tracking number. This is 100% in their control, no UPS/USPS/fedEx involved.

Amazon Prime is more like a week these days.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon order 5/5, ETA on 5/7. Now not yet shipped
Posted by: graylocks
Date: May 08, 2021 12:30AM
and OTOH, I ordered two items late Thursday evening. It said they would arrive Saturday which was fine by me.

They arrived Friday late afternoon.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 08, 2021 12:51AM
This happens way too often with Amazon. It seems to be an issue with some items from third party sellers that don't have inventory tracked properly. You place an order, it's out of stock (edit: out of stock at the warehouse closest to you, it would have shipped if you lived West of the Mississippi), the warehouse expects quick restock and... nothing happens until the system times out and cancels the order.

I heard a story about someone that ordered an item from Amazon, but Amazon sent the wrong size (24 oz water bottle instead of the 40 oz size). The buyer complained and Amazon dinged the company even though it was completely an Amazon fulfillment problem. It took someone at the company an hour of emailing and phone calls to get Amazon to admit it was their own problem.

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2021 12:53AM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: May 08, 2021 06:56AM
Ex-Prime member & not missing it at all.
Shipments just as quick, I never used same/next day service after it
failed miserably the first few times I tried.
Wally's has competitive pricing & I can get shipments diverted to Walgreen's
if I am not going to be home.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

Posted by: bobinmurphy
Date: May 08, 2021 07:18AM
Had this happen on a recent Amazon order that bounced around between 7 different fulfillment centers. Finally got someone on the phone at Amazon and they discovered the order had been lost, so they entered a new one and the item arrived the next day. Oh, I'm not a Prime subscriber and never have been. Most things on Amazon now ship pretty close to Prime delivery promises anyway and many arrive in a Prime truck at my front door.
Posted by: pinion
Date: May 10, 2021 11:15AM
I've complained about it before. Free 2 day shipping. That doesn't mean they won't sit on it for 5 days before shipping.

---“What you permit, you promote. What you allow, you encourage. What you condone, you own.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 65
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020