advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Help Pick a Scent....
Posted by: Buzz
Date: May 08, 2021 12:18AM
For many years now, we've been relying on Febreze One - Peppermint & Rosemary scented fabric spray for road trippin', and helping keep the cars smelling OK. So of course Febreze discontinued everybody's favorite scent. I've got a couple of new bottles of unscented, that I intend on adding some essential oils to, to spice 'em up as replacements....

Should I just go with peppermint and rosemary essential oils, and try to recreate what's known and loved? Or should I get creative and try something new and wild? FWIW, "road trippin' " means using the spray to knock the musty hotel scent out of hotel rooms up and down California, and around Nevada and Arizona. Oregon is on tap for next year if all goes according to plan. It doesn't matter how nice, or how expensive the hotel is, they somehow all have hotel smell that must(y) be tamed.

Spritz the curtains, bedding, and carpets, and when we're off the beaten track where the nicest hotel is a Super 8, some Allergen Reducer and an air freshener of choice are always available in the vehicle's stash box to called up for duty. Just bummed that P&G let our "go to" get gone. We like light, natural, minty, spicy scents.... no flowery, headache inducing varietals need apply.
Thanks.

I've been considering some minty-berry combinations, that may make for a staring point....
All ideas welcome and encouraged. cool smiley

==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Help Pick a Scent....
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 08, 2021 03:50AM
We stay in classier digs that spray before we check in. Good luck.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: May 08, 2021 07:19AM
I highly recommend Odoban Citrus, $10 gal. 5oz + 27oz water makes
a quart of air/fabric deodorizer, <40¢ per quart.
Also available in Eucalyptus. [www.homedepot.com]
Also sold @ Amz, Walmart, etc.
Clean Control Corporation -
OdoBan Odor Eliminator cleans, disinfects, sanitizes and deodorizes
pre-cleaned hard, nonporous household surfaces. OdoBan eliminates
unpleasant odors on washable surfaces such as upholstery, carpets,
bedding, showers, walls and floors while leaving a fresh scent. This
industrial liquid odor eliminator leaves no residue and has a variety of
uses. Odoban Disinfectant concentrate kills the human coronavirus
which causes the common cold when used according to disinfection &
sanitization directions on hard, nonporous surfaces. This product has
demonstrated efficacy against a Human Coronavirus similar to SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).

SDS-pdf

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 08, 2021 09:18AM
.....what about......scent of a woman.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 08, 2021 01:19PM

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: May 08, 2021 04:17PM
Scent. Is the s or c silent? dunno smiley

Scent, cent, and sent. Gee, so glad english American is my first language! smiley-laughing001

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: May 08, 2021 05:17PM
Speedy
We stay in classier digs that spray before we check in. Good luck.

We stay in some pretty nice places, too, but even the fanciest places can exude an incompatible odor, or two; wrong/too floral spray before we check in, heating or A/C smells, undesirable linens or laundry fragrances, etc.. Not meant to be a commentary on hotels, but how to deal with our own environmental sensitivities.... just frustrated that our fave solution has disappeared from shelves everywhere.

Odoban type products are interesting, not ruling anything out yet.

Scent of some women OK, but may have to start ruling some things out... just gave me flashbacks from my single days....nuts smiley eye popping smiley

Definitely ruled out. Total familial olfactory incompatibility.... but thanks for trying, anyway. cool smiley

American English is an actual language??? Wow! ...who knew!
==
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 09, 2021 02:07PM
To me, this depends a lot on what your actual purpose is -- is it to deodorize, to sanitize, just to freshen up.

If just trying to freshen up, a drop or two of rosemary and peppermint oils will definitely do what you want to do. I would definitely go for those oils over whatever they're putting into the Febreeze.

Edit -- very interesting, your Febreeze doesn't apparently contain ANY actual rosemary in it? Seems like it's peppermint and lemon oil, plus a few specific chemicals: [smartlabel.pg.com] (click on the "Fragrances" tab on the left ... I give them credit for saying exactly what is in there, and what each component is for!)

... maybe not terribly surprising; rosemary essential oil is not super-cheap as oils go.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2021 02:10PM by PeterB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 168
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020