advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
my Gal Friday?!....Gal Gadot confirms Joss Whedon's threatened her career while filming 'Justice League'......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 09, 2021 03:42PM
......she confirmed that he threatened her career when she questioned some of the lines of her character......and said disparaging things about Patty Jenkins......

Gal Gadot Confirms Whedon Threatened Her Career During Justice League Reshoots

Gal Gadot confirms earlier reports that Joss Whedon threatened her career on the set of Justice League after he took over for Zack Snyder.

.....Gal Gadot confirmed reports that director Joss Whedon threatened her career on the set of Justice League. Whedon took over directing duties on the film after Zack Snyder departed the project during post-production, conducting reshoots and rewrites that drastically altered more than half of the film. Whedon's changes to Justice League were not well-received, with the film being lambasted by critics and fans. They weren't the only ones who didn't like the direction the film was taken in, though.

Reports surfaced earlier this year that Whedon threatened Gadot's career because the actress spoke up about her dislike of how he was changing the character of Wonder Woman. Wanting to ensure that her character made sense across the multiple DCEU films she would be appearing in, Gadot wasn't happy that Whedon made her character more aggressive. The director also reportedly pushed her to record lines she did not like and spoke ill of Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins.

Speaking to N12 magazine (via ComicBook), Gadot confirmed the reports that Whedon did in fact threaten to harm her career. The actress did not elaborate much on what was said on the set of Justice League, but did reveal that he told her he would make her career "miserable." As indicated by the earlier reports, Gadot says that she immediately took care of it.

Gadot's confirmation of earlier reports is just the latest in a long line of stories surrounding Whedon's onset behavior. Cyborg actor Ray Fisher has been open about the treatment he received by the director and he was the one who initially revealed that Gadot and Whedon had clashed. Fisher also inspired Buffy the Vampire Slayer actress Charisma Carpenter to open up about her own experience with Whedon on the set of that show.

Whedon responded to Fisher's initial allegations, but has remained silent about the more recent reports that have surfaced. Amidst all of this, the director created HBO's The Nevers and was serving as the series' showrunner, but he eventually left, citing exhaustion. Since then, Whedon has remained silent on social media, staying out of the public eye. Still, what happened on the set of Justice League remains on the minds of many, including Fisher, who continues to be outspoken about both Whedon's behavior and Warner Bros. alleged involvement as details continue to trickle out about the situation.......

confirmation.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2021 03:43PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: my Gal Friday?!....Gal Gadot confirms Joss Whedon's threatened her career while filming 'Justice League'......
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: May 09, 2021 04:46PM
Gadot is not your typical starlet. I can very very easily see her whipping his pudgy ass.
Re: my Gal Friday?!....Gal Gadot confirms Joss Whedon's threatened her career while filming 'Justice League'......
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 09, 2021 06:12PM
This is vague. I'm sure he's an ass but I don't see it as "confirmation." What did he actually say? The only quote is "miserable."

The actress did not elaborate much on what was said on the set of Justice League, but did reveal that he told her he would make her career "miserable." As indicated by the earlier reports, Gadot says that she immediately took care of it.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 09, 2021 06:18PM
Yes, it is vague but it just adds to a lot of other reports of him being a real ass.

Date: May 09, 2021 06:30PM
AllGold
Yes, it is vague but it just adds to a lot of other reports of him being a real ass.

Directors and producers are mostly asses. No point in telling someone you can destroy them (especially when you can't). Just tell them to do it, quit or give in.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 09, 2021 06:34PM
It's nice that she's now confirmed that thing she has repeatedly said she said he said.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 09, 2021 06:35PM
The story keeps coming out that Whedon is gratuitously abusive (verbally) to some actors. It goes well beyond just being your run-of-the-mill ass director or producer.

Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 09, 2021 07:04PM
I predict the winner will be Gadot.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Date: May 09, 2021 07:12PM
She's pregnant with her third child and still fine as hell. She's killing the game.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 09, 2021 08:32PM
vision63
This is vague. I'm sure he's an ass but I don't see it as "confirmation." What did he actually say? The only quote is "miserable."

The actress did not elaborate much on what was said on the set of Justice League, but did reveal that he told her he would make her career "miserable." As indicated by the earlier reports, Gadot says that she immediately took care of it.

Okay, ran it down. The interview is in hebrew(?) from an Israeli show N12.

Here is a translation by Yuna Leibzon, N12 US correspondent, on her Twitter account. Edit: I have since learned that she is the reporter who conducted the interview.
“In an interview we aired tonight on @N12News @GalGadot tells us about working with Joss Whedon: “I had my issues with Joss and I handled it. He threatened my career and said that if ill do something he will make sure my career is miserable and I took care of it on the spot””

The translation attached to the interview clip as the caption on the N12 Twitter account itself is slightly different, but only slightly. It portrays Whedon as being more condescending in his language.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2021 12:09AM by Blankity Blank.
Date: May 09, 2021 09:27PM
Blankity Blank
vision63

Here is a translation by Yuma Leibzon, N12 US correspondent, on her Twitter account.
“In an interview we aired tonight on @N12News @GalGadot tells us about working with Joss Whedon: “I had my issues with Joss and I handled it. He threatened my career and said that if ill do something he will make sure my career is miserable and I took care of it on the spot””

The translation attached to the interview clip as the caption on the N12 Twitter account itself is slightly different, but only slightly. It portrays Whedon as being more condescending in his language.

You wouldn't have had to hunt it down if the jagoff in the first story had included it. But he was basically ginnin' up the game to make trade on it. See how this all works?
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 09, 2021 11:12PM
vision63
Blankity Blank

You wouldn't have had to hunt it down if the jagoff in the first story had included it. But he was basically ginnin' up the game to make trade on it. See how this all works?

He does link to a version of the quote.

Because the original source was a foreign language interview, I wanted to get as close to an actual verbatim quote as I reasonably could, just for my own satisfaction.

Of course even finding the source media yielded only very similar, but not exact match, translations.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: chopper
Date: May 10, 2021 01:19PM
I used to know several women who were able to earn a living from modeling.

90% of the men they worked with and or knew from "the industry" were complete jackasses.
Date: May 10, 2021 05:35PM
chopper

90% of the men they worked with and or knew from "the industry" were complete jackasses.

Me2.

...And every male photographer expects sex from the models.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 11, 2021 07:45PM
Sarcany
chopper

Me2.

Ummm... What?. You're not alone in the studio with these models, you'll probably have anywhere from 2 extra people to 10 others.
Date: May 11, 2021 11:14PM
mrbigstuff
Sarcany

Ummm... What?. You're not alone in the studio with these models, you'll probably have anywhere from 2 extra people to 10 others.

And I was present, introduced as the "boyfriend."

They were brazen and didn't care who was around when they groped and tried to get her clothes off and set up "private" sessions. Over and over again. Across the country.

After she got a contract with a major NY agency, the sleaze-factor cranked up to eleven. Instead of just trying to get her naked and into bed, every one of them tried to get her high or drunk. A parade of dirtbags. When she complained to the agency, she was told that she was privileged and would lose her contract if she made a fuss. Other models leaned into it and the peer-pressure was enormous.

Trying to muddle through that with her was of the most troubled and painful times of my life. I get bad flashbacks just thinking about it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 186
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020