advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Safari bookmark utility?
Posted by: davemchine
Date: May 09, 2021 10:43PM
I’ve got quite a few bookmarks and I’d like to manage them better. There appears to be many options. Any recommendations before I take the plunge?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Safari bookmark utility?
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 10, 2021 02:02AM
I'll be watching this thread........ boink smiley
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: May 10, 2021 07:30AM
Big fan of bookmark organization, but I never realized that there were apps outside of Safari that helped with this. 

Granted, Safari's built-in menu Bookmarks: Edit Bookmarks (Command-Option-B on my Mac) is not the paradigm of brilliant design, but that's what I've used for years.

I set up Folders-within-Folders classic hierarchy to get me started, and then the Command-D to bring up the Add Bookmark... window is a key for my sanity.

Also a key is to always rename the default page to something short and logical. Short is the key for me.

Also, someone taught me this visual trick awhile back, that made the shown Favorites Bar a lot easier on my eyes.

EDIT: one other trick I use religiously is the free version of Pocket, for links I want to read later. This keeps my bookmarks from getting mucked up with short-term links.

Mac mini (M1 2020, 16G 2T) Big Sur 11.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2021 07:52AM by tuqqer.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: May 10, 2021 07:31AM
Not a Safari bookmark utility specifically, but I use raindrop to manage my bookmarks across all my browsers.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 10, 2021 10:01AM
I'll be watching also.

I don't care to keep all the same bookmarks on all Macs, especially because there is less room for favorites in Safari in 'Books.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: May 10, 2021 11:20AM
Following.

I culled and cleaned up many years' worth of Safari bookmarks about a year ago, and I've pretty much stopped adding to them because they are a pain to manage. Doesn't help that they stopped syncing via iCloud a long time ago, and I've been unable to solve it.

I've resorted to dragging links to a "Current Links" alias to a Dropbox folder. Available on all my devices, it's easier to periodically clean up and organize within the finder than within Safari. But there's gotta be a better way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 184
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020