advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Re: panic at the disco?!....it has begun panic buying of gas due to pipeline hack.....
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 12, 2021 05:40PM
AllGold
rgG
graylocks
mikebw
Also, I'd like to think she is filling a separate a container INSIDE the open bin, and is just being extra careful about containment, but who knows...

uh, yeah. you keep on thinking those positive thoughts

I wonder how much she sloshed out getting it in and out of the trunk. A tub that big would be very heavy and hard to lift. I don’t even see a lid.
RollingEyesSmiley5

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. That car will smell like gas forever... at least it will if it doesn't blow up on the way home.

Fire is the MUCH greater concern here. If that were to ignite in that car interior... good night, Irene.

It is what it is.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: panic at the disco?!....it has begun panic buying of gas due to pipeline hack.....
Posted by: freeradical
Date: May 12, 2021 06:55PM
Panini is the plural form of panino.

What are paninis?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 13, 2021 11:04AM
Yes, yes blame the shortage on “panic” buying and not on Colonial Pipeline.

People are topping off their tanks because they have to work! Shaming people for filling up gas containers is crass. It’s a drop in the literal bucket. Plus the gas may be for work related reasons, ie landscaping, farms, repair vehicles, etc.

After a search and two training days my suburban was down to 1/4 tank. So Monday morning I headed to BJs (similar to Costco) to fill up. There were no lines anywhere yet BJs was already out of regular. Supply was low before the so-called panic buying.

Stop playing judgy hall monitor and place the blame where it belongs. On Colonial Pipeline.

All of this.

People whine when the 'victim' is blamed, and this is no different.

Yes, some people are idiots for pumping gas into unsafe containers (open buckets - really?!)

How many times as a municipal or corporate entity promised a quick repair of a situation and actually been prompt about it?

So the pipeline is OOC for a few days, software fixed (surprisingly quickly, I'd posit) but will take a few more days before supply is back to normal.

Some people still have to drive for work.

And yes, as summer looms and pandemic restrictions ease, the price of fuel in CA has been promising $4/gal.

If we had the same problem, a run on fuel should/would be expected.

I don't drive much and could last a good while if need by on a full tank.

And I might fill a 5gal can, to, if I'm honest.

But no Tupperware containers or Zip Locks.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 13, 2021 09:36PM
Patrick DeHaan of Gasbuddy said the shortages/outages are 90% due to people panic buying.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 14, 2021 07:39PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020