advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone know what the going rate is for Live Streaming an Event?
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: May 12, 2021 08:55AM
We have a 3 hour long event that we would like Live Streamed. We have the equipment, although I'm sure that there is better gear that could be used.

This is outdoors, with the possibility of having to be indoors. Both locations have internet and we have hotspots as well that get full bars in each location.

Wondering what the going rate would be, either per hour, or for the job as a whole to have someone come in and do the setup, run the event, and tear it down.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone know what the going rate is for Live Streaming an Event?
Posted by: Bixby
Date: May 12, 2021 09:01AM
You have all the equipment and the infrastructure, but not someone to run it? Does anyone know how to run it?

I would not want to come to an event and be forced to use someone else's equipment which may or may not work as needed and which I may or may not know how to use. As a service provider I would not guarantee quality using someone else's gear.

Also, any pricing would likely vary greatly depending on your location and what your expectations are. You could probably find a savvy high schooler with video production skills and pay them very little. You could also bring in a professional video production company if available.

Too many variables here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2021 09:01AM by Bixby.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: May 12, 2021 09:07AM
If you have the equipment, is doing it yourself not an option?

Aside from that, how many cameras do you want? With audio? Do you want someone to do live mixing of these feeds? Lights? Video screens?

We have a Tricaster 460 at my work for doing events, but we are not a professional production company so I am not sure what the rates are really like. I would guess probably starting around $400 an hour, depending heavily on how many bodies you need to run the show.
Date: May 12, 2021 09:37AM
mikebw
If you have the equipment, is doing it yourself not an option?

Aside from that, how many cameras do you want? With audio? Do you want someone to do live mixing of these feeds? Lights? Video screens?

We have a Tricaster 460 at my work for doing events, but we are not a professional production company so I am not sure what the rates are really like. I would guess probably starting around $400 an hour, depending heavily on how many bodies you need to run the show.

No one internally is interested in doing it. It isn't part of anyone's job description and it is a completely thankless high stress task that I think would just be better being farmed out to someone externally.

A single camera with a single person running it. An outside vendor is doing audio, so either patch into their board or it could be recorded at the camera as well. Doesn't matter to us either way if they use our equipment or want to use their own. No lights, no screens. A straight feed to Youtube which we can provide credentials for.

C(-)ris
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: May 12, 2021 09:55AM
[livestream.com]

youtube.com

facebook.com

They're all free.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Date: May 12, 2021 10:08AM
ztirffritz
[livestream.com]

youtube.com

facebook.com

They're all free.

Yes, I know that. I'm specifically looking to hire out the labor for person doing the setup and streaming. Whether they come with their own equipment or use ours. No one internally wants to do this task so I need to come up with a ballpark budget number to farm it out.

C(-)ris
Posted by: Bixby
Date: May 12, 2021 10:28AM
I don't know what market you're in, but I'd start by budgeting $1k. That should give you plenty of room to work with.

I'd see if your audio vendor is able to provide such a service.

A single camera feeding to youtube is not what I'd call high-stress, but to each their own.
Posted by: clay
Date: May 12, 2021 11:27AM
depends on -

-whether they're using your equipment or theirs
-single camera vs multi camera (will impact equipment usage costs and personnel costs if they need to pay more camera operators)
-is live sound being provided by the venue? Most streaming folks will assume they just get an audio feed from the house audio system and sync that up to the video they provide

I'd expect $100/hr on the very low end (you provide all the equipment, assume a single person operating a single camera and the live stream) to $300-$500/hr for a video crew providing their own gear and maybe 2 cameras/2 operators.

Call a local video production company, they will have been doing this sort of thing all year and should be able to give you some idea of cost pretty quickly.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 12, 2021 01:29PM
Call the TV production teacher at your local high school, ask if they would be interested in some real world experience for a donation to the program (you know your budget), or if there is a student or two with the skills who would be interested in some money.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 160
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020