advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
this END up?!.....this talk show just announced today that it will be ENDING.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 12, 2021 09:42AM
.......Ellen DeGeneres says that upcoming 19th season will be the end (so one more season).......'it's not a challenge anymore'......

Ellen DeGeneres Announces End of Talk Show: 'It's Not a Challenge Anymore'

.....Ellen DeGeneres announced Wednesday that her eponymous daytime talk show will end with its upcoming 19th season.

“When you’re a creative person, you constantly need to be challenged — and as great as this show is, and as fun as it is, it’s just not a challenge anymore,” DeGeneres told our sister pub The Hollywood Reporter. The final episode is slated to air in Spring 2022.

The news comes after a tumultuous year for DeGeneres and her talk show, the latter of which was mired in a behind-the-scenes controversy involving widespread accusations of a toxic workplace. Last fall, DeGeneres acknowledged the scandal in the show’s Season 18 premiere.

“I learned that things happened here that never should have happened. I take that very seriously, and I want to say I am so sorry to the people that were affected,” DeGeneres began, echoing a previous letter she sent to her crew after the allegations surfaced. “I know that I’m in a position of privilege and power, and I realize that with that comes responsibility, and I take responsibility for what happens at my show. This is The Ellen DeGeneres Show. I am Ellen DeGeneres.”

The allegations from current and former Ellen employees, detailed in multiple Buzzfeed reports — including one that dropped late Thursday, after Lassner’s cancellation denial — range from racist comments from senior producers, to staffers being fired for taking time off to attend family funerals, to rampant sexual misconduct and harassment in the workplace. DeGeneres wasn’t directly implicated in the accusations, but as one former employee put it: “If she wants to have her own show and have her name on the show title, she needs to be more involved to see what’s going on.”

no more.....Ellen......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: this END up?!.....this talk show just announced today that it will be ENDING.....
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 12, 2021 10:47AM
Retooled twice in one year to deal with alleged abuses by the host and various executives and by all accounts the abuses continued unabated.

Also, people seem to be catching on the the fact that she's not funny/entertaining.

Re: this END up?!.....this talk show just announced today that it will be ENDING.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 12, 2021 10:48AM
....along with the abuse was certain thing like......'not looking her in the eye' or 'not talking to her', etc......it might have just been the people around her but.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2021 11:18AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 12, 2021 11:17AM
I dont watch it, but know peeps that do.

Sounds like a bummer -- she seemed to do some good things for normal peeps and a had a very large, very dedicated following which was part of that movement, and the show. Like losing Lance Armstrong from his cancer charity, sails lost wind... and it hurts way more than just one person.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Microman
Date: May 12, 2021 11:29AM
She is very funny when hosting award shows, and walking in the audience.

I never would find time to watch or Tivo a daytime talk show.

She is fine..
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 12, 2021 12:24PM
Sarcany
Retooled twice in one year to deal with alleged abuses by the host and various executives and by all accounts the abuses continued unabated.

Right. I would posit that she's quitting precisely because it's become too challenging.

It is what it is.
Posted by: p8712
Date: May 12, 2021 12:43PM
They say you can’t throw a rock in Hollywood and not hit someone that’s been screwed over by Ellen.

I’m sure she can dry her tears with thousand dollar bills.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 12, 2021 12:53PM
hear hear and boo hoo hoo.
e makes $75M/yr that she dries her tears with.

did the show once in nyc a decade ago. to see the level of crew paranoia was enough for me. like an overtime NHL hockey puck.

as much as I have friends that make a living from that and other talk shows, other than the late nites, I hope they all go away.
bad info for the donut and bon bon sect.

daytime talk is nothing but misery for almost all involved, especially the prompter ops. glad audio is heard and not seen.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 13, 2021 10:50AM
I would posit that she's quitting precisely because it's become too challenging.

Agreed.

Her speech pretty much reeks of 'I am outta here!'

I had no idea that she was such a pain to work for.

People talk as though it was all over MSNBC or Hollywood Reporter for ages.

I've always found her funny and very quick witted and Ellen entertaining, but I never get to watch it much.

Her Game of Games is a lot of fun, too.

But the show was getting a little long in the tooth, so it's just as well she's bailing, even if Degeneres is disingenuous about leaving.

Then, nobody is going to say 'Hey, I'm a jerk and brought this on myself, so I'm out, sorry'.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 207
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020