advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Kudos to Spectrum (qualified)
Posted by: Don C
Date: May 12, 2021 09:38PM
I have had problems with pixillation of the TV image and bits of sound dropping out and also internet connections dropping out periodically. Never for long, but often enough to be irritating. Sometimes I'll watch the news on my phone while fixing dinner (the kitchen is a couple of rooms away from the TV) and when the internet drops, I lose the signal, of course, and resuming means restarting the app after the signal returns.

Did all of the reset the DVR boxes procedures, manually, internet, and phone app AND contacted the Spectrum webpage chat. They reset the boxes but nothing changed.

Thinking that my modem might be bad, I called Spectrum to arrange picking up one of their free modems, but got shunted off to tech support. Much to my surprised Tom announced that the problem was on their end, that I had an unreliable signal coming to the house. He had an appointment available for 3 hours later. Sure enough, 45 minutes into the hour, guy shows up at the door. Tests the signal and agrees that the problem is outside of the house. After several tests, he decided that a squirrel had damaged the wire going to the house and restrung the cable from the pole to the house. He said that the junction box at the pole also needed to be replaced and that he would submit a work order for that. Maintenance guys work 24/7 and could be out as early as tonight.

Don't know if that work has been done, but we are not having any problems tonight.

Wish that the guys working the chat box could have determined the problem, but I am certainly happy with the response when I made the phone call.

FWIW: my wife has a sometimes adversarial relationship with the Spectrum remote. If some component does not turn on (or off), she cannot figure out how to fix it. Cutting the cable and finding her channels (if even available) from a variety of streaming services is completely out of the question.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Kudos to Spectrum (qualified)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 12, 2021 10:39PM
Charter Communications is a bunch of unsavory thieves who are almost as incompetent and greedy as Comcast.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 12, 2021 11:10PM
Steve G.
Charter Communications is a bunch of unsavory thieves who are almost as incompetent and greedy as Comcast.

Whoa, I take issue with that statement. Charter is greedier and more incompetent than Comcast.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 13, 2021 10:52PM
My experience with AT&T, Comcast and Spectrum is that most of the field people are very good, and really want to find and fix problems in their outside wiring if they can see it in their test equipment.

At my Mom's house in NY I had a Spectrum guy climbing a pole in the dark in January and replacing the cable from the pole to the house. The next morning while I was still sleeping I got an automated call asking for feedback on the service I got, but in fumbling for the phone I missed the beginning of the message which gave the scale of good vs bad for answers and by the time I got to a new question that repeated the scale I had given him poor ratings. Since he was excellent and I wanted his management to know that I started tracking down names of division executives at Spectrum and sent an email to one that managed field service to express my positive feelings and to make sure that it got back to his direct management. I got a reply thanking me for the feedback and an assurance that his management will be notified.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: May 13, 2021 11:19PM
I've had pretty good luck with Spectrum. They are WAY better than Comcast.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 149
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020