advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
don't stop your w(h)ining?!......it is ok to use white or red wine when making homemade pasta sauce.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 12, 2021 10:16PM
.....it adds flavor and gets rid of those half open bottles that you have around........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2021 10:16PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: don't stop your w(h)ining?!......it is ok to use white or red wine when making homemade pasta sauce.....
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 12, 2021 10:54PM
Oh, you mean IN the pasta sauce. Where's the fun in that?
Re: don't stop your w(h)ining?!......it is ok to use white or red wine when making homemade pasta sauce.....
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 13, 2021 06:21AM
what are those half open bottles that you have around........? I haven't seen one in ages
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 13, 2021 07:06AM
My Italian wife adds wine from time to time. Alcohol evaporates, leaving only flavor behind.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 13, 2021 07:27AM
.....yes......just remember to let the alcohol evaporate.....will usually add after the onions and garlic are cooked.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: qdog2
Date: May 15, 2021 08:43AM
I add moscato to my sauce. The sweet wine takes away the bite from the tomato. Most sauce you buy from store is full of sugar to take out the bite from the tomato paste.

Portsmouth, Va
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 264
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020