advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
the Maher of munchkinland?!....'Real Time With Bill Maher' canceled this week as host tests positive.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 13, 2021 06:25PM
......he was vaccinated and asymptomatic......

Bill Maher Tests Positive for COVID, Forcing HBO to Table ‘Real Time’ Taping

....Bill Maher has tested positive for COVID-19, forcing HBO to scrap Friday’s scheduled taping of this week’s episode.

In a statement, HBO said Maher is “fully vaccinated” and “feels fine.” Friday’s guests were to have included astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and “Hardcore History” podcast host Dan Carlin.

“Bill tested positive during weekly staff PCR testing for COVID. He is fully vaccinated and as a result is asymptomatic and feels fine,” HBO said. ” ‘Real Time’ production has taken every precaution following COVID CDC guidelines. No other staff or crew members have tested positive at this time. The show will be rescheduled at a later date.”

Maher is in the midst of his 19th season of hosting the talk and roundtable series that tackles politics and pop culture. As host, Maher revels in his contrarian views and is known for showcasing media figures who have been caught up in controversy such as Megyn Kelly, Sharon Osborne and Kellyanne Conway. He has also made incendiary statements about medical issues in the past including questioning the efficacy of vaccines and whether there are links between vaccinations and autism.

“Real Time,” which tapes in Los Angeles, is the latest series to face a pandemic-related shutdown. Hollywood has been basically successful in getting film and TV production back up and running by mandating strict safety protocols for every soundstage and location shoot.

But dozens of productions have faced the hardship of having to shut down quickly because a cast or crew member tests positive for coronavirus. The entertainment industry is still digging out from the slowdown in production last year, which has set the stage for a very busy second half of this year and early next year for new releases.

so.......not a good sign.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2021 06:43PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: the Maher of munchkinland?!....'Real Time With Bill Maher' canceled this week as host tests positive.......
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 14, 2021 07:38AM
Lots of fully vaccinated people are coming down with it. The vaccine reduces the severity of the illness, but it’s not a perfect shield. Keep taking precautions.
Re: the Maher of munchkinland?!....'Real Time With Bill Maher' canceled this week as host tests positive.......
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 14, 2021 03:42PM
Keep taking precautions.

Exactly.

I shake my head when I hear people say 'you don't need to wear a mask anymore' as though I'm doing something wrong.

First there was 'What, the CDC says we should maskup and social distance and somebody doesn't want to — WTF!'

Now it's 'What, the CDC says we can demask, and not social distance, and now somebody doesn't want to — WTF!'

I masked up early and will demask later.

I believe in science, but not all science is exact science, and I think there's still much to learn.

I'm ok with the 'you do you and I'll do me' concept at this point.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 15, 2021 09:44AM
$1 says that when Maher comes back he’ll express bewilderment over the “why,” with a healthy dose of skepticism surrounding guidelines. His scripted monologues are well-crafted and successfully targeted. But they still depend on a PREMISE and his can often be faulty. He knows that nuance and context don’t really pay the bills.
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 15, 2021 11:04AM
So, asymptomatic. The only way to know he was sick was to have been tested. He was tested per company protocol, not because of known illness or exposure. False positives are a thing. If the results were not confirmed, then there are no meaningful conclusions that can be drawn, other than that for safety sake Mahar should take some time off.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2021 11:08AM by Acer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 217
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020