advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
New MacBook Air in the house
Posted by: carl
Date: May 14, 2021 11:52PM
I posted last week that I had ordered a new M1 MacBook Air(8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) from Apple.

It arrived this afternoon. I ordered the computer last Friday, so it took a week to arrive.

I used Apple's Migration Assistant to move files from my old computer(MacMini) to the MacBook Air. Transfer was flawless, no issues/concerns arose with the transfer.

I also ordered a USB-C Travel Dock from our sponsor and will be using it to connect a 24 inch monitor, external keyboard and wireless mouse when I'm using this computer at home.

I have a quick two day trip tomorrow and I am looking forward to trying out the new machine!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New MacBook Air in the house
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 15, 2021 12:39AM
Leader!
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 15, 2021 02:28AM
Leader!

Those OWC travel docks are cool, but not enough ports for us.

Got some nice 7 port ones for $25, like this

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 15, 2021 04:02AM
Leader!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: May 15, 2021 07:15AM
The Air is sweet. I have a 2013 Air that I love. I can't justify replacing yet as there is nothing wrong with my current Air.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: May 15, 2021 09:38AM
Leader!!

Loving the battery already?
Posted by: carl
Date: May 15, 2021 10:36AM
(rich in distress) I've only used it plugged in, but will be giving the battery a good work out over the next couple days.

This MacBook Air is replacing a 2018 Mac Mini which is a great computer. I have been using Mac Mini's for the last 10 years and like the small form factor. I'm only replacing it because we are moving and a laptop will be much easier to use over the next few months with some temporary housing while relocating.

The MacBook Air is really very thin and light. I'm thinking maybe I don't need an iPad any longer, and my iPad is getting pretty long in the tooth.
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 15, 2021 12:27PM
DinerDave
The Air is sweet. I have a 2013 Air that I love. I can't justify replacing yet as there is nothing wrong with my current Air.

Dave

My son’s beloved 2013 Air is getting an internal SSD upgrade this weekend. With new battery and keyboard, it’s going to last as long as it can keep up with the games he plays, which are low tech like Minecraft. He has a full PC desktop for ‘real’ stuff.

My wife has her new M1 MBA, replaces her awesome 2010 C2D 13” MBP tank - still amazing it could take 16GB RAM upgrade from our sponsor! But this new MBA is already truly the heir apparent to the 2013 MBA. Awesome battery life, fantastic speed, looks great, and all in a 2.5 lb package. We did add a magnetic charger adapter - Apple, bring that back. But the ones posted here are arguably comparable to the original MagSafe.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 15, 2021 05:46PM
.....Leader......!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 15, 2021 07:18PM
M1 Leader!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 140
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020