advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Looking for a cordless string trimmer (aka weed wacker)?
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 15, 2021 05:23PM
I picked up a Lowe’s 24 volt 4 amp string trimmer the other day. It’s not for heavy work, but I’ve used it around my yard with good success. What I like about it is that it’s really light compared to most other trimmers so my wife can use it too.

Normally it’s $139 with one battery, but right now Lowe’s bundles it with a 2nd battery for free. Oddly enough, they appear to be selling both the 1 battery and the 2 battery packages for the same price, so make sure you buy the right one. As always, YMMV.

[www.lowes.com]

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2021 05:28PM by Ammo.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Looking for a cordless string trimmer (aka weed wacker)?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 15, 2021 05:44PM
.....is this to trim one's own bush [ wack one's own weeds ]......????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Don C
Date: May 15, 2021 10:33PM
All of my yard looks are battery now. Mower, weed/grass trimmer, blower; and hedge trimmer. Bought at different times, so two different battery systems. I bought an extra heavy duty battery for the mower as it takes two 40's when the grass is wet or thick (I will NOT be complaining when the grass is thick).

Love not having gas around!
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 16, 2021 01:10AM
Modern battery operated tools are almost as powerful as their corded counterparts but, MUCH easier to use as you're not dragging a cord around. I upgraded from DeWalt 18V NiCads to Milwaukee 18V LiIon tools several years ago. All of the "big boys" release new tools every year. NO "Buyers Remorse" here after switching. I have seen a tool or two on other platforms that Milwaukee hasn't released yet BUT, I do NOT want to have multiple systems / batteries to deal with. Eventually, Milwaukee will "catch up" re a specific tool I've liked on a competing platform. Even then, I generally will wait for a decent sale before I 'pull the trigger".
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 16, 2021 09:03AM
Love our Ego tools for sure.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: May 16, 2021 10:55AM
If beginning a transition to battery operated tools, just take some time to think about your future needs before jumping in. Both in terms of ecosystem, other available tools, and the value of bundled batteries and such.

I'm not saying to agonize over it or suggest that this is a life or death decision, but it's worth the time to plan ahead a little, compare pricing and think about what other tools you may want to add in the future.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: May 16, 2021 11:17AM
This 40 Volt one has been getting really good reviews in the Ryobi circles. Carbon Fiber shaft and it will also accept attachments from Ryobi, Troy Bilt and others. We've actually been thinking about getting one ourselves as we already have one of their 40V chainsaws.

[www.ryobitools.com]

Grateful11
Posted by: SurfMacJpMtb
Date: May 16, 2021 11:19AM
I recently got a Milwaukee battery string trimmer. It has plenty of power. I also purchased an edger attachment for the same motor. Expensive but a pleasure compared to gas or electric on an extension cord.

Long time Mac user
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 381
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020