Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RYF: Chamberlain Garage smart hub $20 @ Best Buy
Posted by: Carm
Date: May 16, 2021 03:49PM
[www.bestbuy.com]
Monitor your garage door also open/close remotely. Paired mine with a Wyze cam to confirm door is closed. The sensor on the garage was having issues so I put a Wyze cam in garage to confirm.
It mainly just works as mentioned by others. Has 2F authentication.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RYF: Chamberlain Garage smart hub $20 @ Best Buy
Posted by: Dennis R
Date: May 16, 2021 07:20PM
Damn! I just installed the $30 white one I got from Amazon. Oh well, I am very happy with it and was well worth the money.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: May 16, 2021 09:23PM
$13.99 at my Walmart.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 17, 2021 07:52AM
totally worth it. Love mine. Battery in the door sensor lasts about a year and is easy to replace. Sticks on with hook and loop pressure sensitive adhesive pad.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: May 17, 2021 02:31PM
I installed this in my garage about two months ago. It is great for opening and closing the garage door when I am on my bicycle. It's also good for those moments when youre a mile from home and wonder if you closed the garage.

Two downsides:

The Apple Watch component of the app fails about 90% of the time, insisting that I need to unlock my phone or put in my password. I've stopped bothering with that part.

The bigger thing is that this is not HomeKit compatible by itself. That stops you from just saying "Siri close the garage" or "Siri is the garage closed". To make that happen you have to by and additional "smarter hub" that costs $70. I just use the phone app.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020