advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I am finally beginning the process of upgrading to Big Sur
Posted by: hal
Date: May 17, 2021 02:13PM
I am getting SO SLOW in my old age. About 3 years ago I started the process of making sure that my apps were all 64bit compliant so I could upgrade to Catalina.

Well, I never got around to it. Not sure if it was just laziness or apprehensiveness re Catalina or both.

And when I say 'beginning the process', I'm not saying that I'm actually doing it now... I'm beginning the process which means install on my very lightly used laptop first and then poke around a bit and THEN when I'm good and ready, get to the work iMac.

I kinda want to make SURE that I do it before the fall and the introduction of a new OS. Because I know that I'll say, 'maybe I should just wait...'

I would be happy continuing to use 10.14, but that's not the way the world works. The world moves on and I must as well. I'm NOT going to be one of those people begging desperately for help as I try to upgrade past 7 OSes to install something that is needed RIGHT NOW. I want to keep current, but it's hard when I'm are constantly yelling at people to get off my lawn :-)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I am finally beginning the process of upgrading to Big Sur
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: May 17, 2021 03:13PM
Time spent breaking dependence from 10.6.8-era apps, is time well spent.
Everyone here should.

hal
… constantly yelling at people to get off my lawn :-)

smiley-laughing001
Posted by: Gilbert
Date: May 17, 2021 08:38PM
I just upgraded two weeks ago from Catalina. No big changes that I have noticed and everything seems to work as before. As hal said, before upgrading to Catalina, I went through all of our apps to make sure what I needed was 64-bit.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: May 18, 2021 09:24AM
I just ran Go64 before I upgraded to Catalina.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 144
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020