advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Ryobi fans, there's a deal goin' on.
Posted by: wurm
Date: May 21, 2021 07:03PM
As mentioned on another site: 4Ah Battery (2 pack) for $99+ FREE tool and free shipping

Some of the free tools are already OOS, but depending on what you're looking for it could be good deal.

[www.homedepot.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Damn.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 21, 2021 09:09PM
I'd like to have got the circular saw.

Maybe next time.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Re: Ryobi fans, there's a deal goin' on.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 21, 2021 11:07PM
I went for that last time. It’s a good deal..
Re: Damn.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 22, 2021 06:06AM
RAMd®d
I'd like to have got the circular saw.

Maybe next time.

The saw is a 5.5", won't even go through a 2x4 in a single pass. I know, I have it. Good for plywood, not much else

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 22, 2021 08:32AM
I think there is a brushless, cordless Ryobi 7” circ saw.

That deal is really, really tempting.

Edit: here’s the saw in question. Not part of this promotion (which actually runs until 8/2).

Does anyone have the Ryobi leaf blower? Hard to believe it would be strong enough to be useful on 18V. A few other ones are tempting tho - 22” trimmer, 2-pack of portable work lights, maybe the Dremel (-like) thingy, or an angle grinder- never used one, but there have been times...

I’ve already got the tire inflator (which is a lot more convenient than firing up my air compressor) and the jig saw, both of which work well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2021 08:44AM by pdq.
Re: Damn.
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: May 22, 2021 08:56AM
Thanks. My Batteries were getting a little long in the tooth.
I went for the Jig Saw.

I have the circular Saw. I know I've cut a 2x4, I think I did it in a single pass…

Steve
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 22, 2021 09:59AM
I've got that inflator.

I just used it a couple of days ago, and it developed a horrible screeching, that sounds like plastic gears slipping.

The warranty may still be good as I got it on the last Ryobi Days at HD.

I'm tempted to get it again, as I could use the batteries and extra charger, and that inflator is really handy, more convenient than another that runs off the car's 12V socket.

That 7 1/4" saw is nice, but far more than I need, as a 2x4 is more than I'll need to cut, in one pass.

I got the jig saw last time.

The LED flashlight (not area lights) attachment is handy as well, from the last deal.

The rotary grinder might be worthwhile too.

I have one of the Craftsman NexTec 'Dremels" but the 12V batteries are scarce.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 22, 2021 01:33PM
Seems to me that the 3rd battery option (also 4 amp) might be a great deal if you need to stock up on batteries.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 22, 2021 07:29PM
Also harshing that circular saw Buzz. Heh. It's kind of a joke, but maybe if you put a Diablo blade on, it would be better.
Posted by: wurm
Date: May 22, 2021 07:39PM
I ended up doing the deal, but the only tool that was still available that made sense was the hedge trimmer. I would have liked a pole saw, but it wasn't listed as part of the deal, so would have opted for the leaf blower, but that was out of stock.

What I'm wondering is if I could return the hedge trimmer unopened, and exchange it for a pole saw (same price). I guess I can wait and try, but curious if anyone has done something like that on one of the Ryobi Deals things.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: May 22, 2021 11:41PM
The max depth on the 5 1/2" Ryobi is supposed to be 1 9/16" so it should cut through a 2x4.

Grateful11
Date: May 23, 2021 06:54AM
pdq
I think there is a brushless, cordless Ryobi 7” circ saw.

That deal is really, really tempting.

Edit: here’s the saw in question. Not part of this promotion (which actually runs until 8/2).

Does anyone have the Ryobi leaf blower? Hard to believe it would be strong enough to be useful on 18V. A few other ones are tempting tho - 22” trimmer, 2-pack of portable work lights, maybe the Dremel (-like) thingy, or an angle grinder- never used one, but there have been times...

I’ve already got the tire inflator (which is a lot more convenient than firing up my air compressor) and the jig saw, both of which work well.

We have the blower/sweeper. Ryobi calls it Sweeper because it's not strong enough to blow leaves out of grass. It works perfectly fine for blowing/sweeping leaves and light debris off of hard surfaces: patios, decks, sidewalks, carports and driveways. Son actually uses it to blow down his JD round blower when down when done with a day of baling.

[www.ryobitools.com]

Grateful11
Date: May 23, 2021 07:08AM
These Ryobi Days get worse every year with what they offer.

Ryobi has nearly priced themselves up with the big boys, DeWalt, Makita but not quite Milwaukee. Saw a DeWalt brushless drill, charger and two batteries a few days ago for $120. They have a huge fanboy following on Facebook. People are grabbing up the new clip on fan like it's a 2x4 for $2. One guy actually saw two guys pushing and shoving while trying to get the last 15 or so fans they had left just yesterday at Home Depot.

They had some killer deals back in 2018 and 2019. Now this was a deal, I bought this in early Nov. 2019, that's the 7 1/4" brushless circular saw and the benchtop flex shaft rotary tool and the battery kit for $99 plus tax. They haven't had deals this good since then.

Grateful11
Date: May 23, 2021 07:13AM
Excuse me the DeWalt drill/driver deal is $94, killer deal. Smaller capacity batteries but still a killer deal and it's still going on.

Dewalt DCD708C2 ATOMIC 20V MAX Brushless Compact 1/2 in. Cordless Drill Driver Kit (1.5 Ah)

[slickdeals.net]

Grateful11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 127
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020