AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
time to replace my non-stick cookware
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 23, 2021 09:43PM
I got this in Nov 2012

Anolon Advanced Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set

[www.amazon.com]

it's time to replace these. What's the latest trend? something that is really non-stick but also easy to clean, and it also healthy.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2021 10:15PM by space-time.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: time to replace my non-stick cookware
Posted by: Don C
Date: May 23, 2021 09:47PM
A friend just bought an induction stove and discovered that he had to replace his cookware. Could be a factor if you will be changing cooking devices any time soon.
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 23, 2021 09:55PM
no, gas is fine here.

I am leaning towards wire cutter's recommendations

[www.nytimes.com]
Posted by: davemchine
Date: May 23, 2021 10:07PM
America's Test Kitchen consistently recommends a very affordable set at Walmart. The OXO Good Grips Nonstick Frying Pan.

[www.today.com]
Posted by: tronnei
Date: May 23, 2021 10:13PM
Avoid this

Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 23, 2021 10:16PM
“These thick-gauge hard-anodized aluminum pans heat evenly”

Take my money. I love thick aluminum pans.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: jonny
Date: May 23, 2021 10:40PM
Gave up on nonstick years ago. I got tired of buying new ones. Stainless steel pots, cast iron fry pan. Last forever.
These are awesome. [www.walmart.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2021 10:43PM by jonny.
Posted by: Wags
Date: May 23, 2021 10:50PM
Le Creuset enameled cast iron. Buy one, never need another. Won't kill your parakeet.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 24, 2021 05:07AM
stainless and/or enameled cast iron.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 24, 2021 06:29AM
To make cast iron and steel pans more non stick, heat them up before cooking and let them cool again
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: May 24, 2021 09:31AM
Our previous round of nonstick was the #1 recommended Tramontina. It lasted about three years and by that time, most of the pots and pans had serious issues. Not Recommended.

They were replaced with Circulon Elementium. They are now at 10 months of heavy use, COVID ya know. They still look brand new.

That said, I've been doing more cast iron lately too.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 24, 2021 09:49AM
I have stainless, so that I can keep them for decades and not need anything trendy or designed to fail. And of course some cast iron, for the same reasons.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: May 24, 2021 09:57AM
i bought a ceramic frying pan set at Costco a few months ago that I quite like. it's the most non-stick pan i've ever used. saw a review that recommended not putting it through the dishwasher but given how easily it cleans up I haven't minded hand washing.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: May 24, 2021 10:22AM
We have a $10ish, small tFal for eggs that I’ll gladly replace whenever it goes. We take care of it, but also consider it disposable.
We get at least 2yr from it.

tronnei
Avoid this

smiley-laughing001
Posted by: mikebw
Date: May 24, 2021 10:39AM
We got one non-stick from IKEA a few years ago just because it was so inexpensive.
It has actually been great but I don't expect it to last a lot longer.

Upgraded some much older teflon coated Emiril fry/sautee pans that had begun to peel, to a few really nice ceramic nonstick from GreenPan, and they are amazing.
So easy to use and clean, I would definitely recommend, in fact I was just looking to get a middle size one to fill out the set.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: May 24, 2021 05:53PM
mikebw
...to a few really nice ceramic nonstick from GreenPan, and they are amazing.
So easy to use and clean, I would definitely recommend, in fact I was just looking to get a middle size one to fill out the set.

I have a full set of GreenPan Venice Pro non-stick pots & pans (since they are induction friendly). Also have a full set of stainless steel pots & pans. If I was starting over, I'd have the full set of stainless steel pots & pans and just a couple non-stick frying pans. After a while, I discovered that if I put oil in the stainless pan before heating it, it ends up being decently non-stick and since I can use a more aggressive cleaner on it (Bar Keeper's Friend) they are super easy to keep clean. I rarely cook meat in the non-stick pans anymore and overall use them less and less.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 24, 2021 09:11PM
Gareth
After a while, I discovered that if I put oil in the stainless pan before heating it, it ends up being decently non-stick and since I can use a more aggressive cleaner on it (Bar Keeper's Friend) they are super easy to keep clean. I rarely cook meat in the non-stick pans anymore and overall use them less and less.

This is The Way. I would go one step further and recommend tri-ply SS over non-TP.

It is what it is.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: May 24, 2021 09:21PM
Putting a small amount of oil in a pan helps transfer heat from the pan to the food. That's why it's really done, not to prevent sticking. In fact, you want food to stick. The fond that remains after cooking then becomes the basis for a sauce.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 393
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020