advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
[rant] If Google knows everything about me, why is my GNews sports section full of NBA, NFL and MLB news?
Posted by: hal
Date: May 25, 2021 07:44PM
Some of you may know that I'm a rabid NHL fan - to the exclusion of all other US sports leagues. I don't care what is happening in the NBA, the NFL and MLB - honestly. I've been meaning to get a look at Steph Curry, but haven't gotten around to it.

I read no fewer than 10 news stories about the NHL every day. During playoff season, it's more like 50.

Google should know this about me, but I never, ever, ever, ever see any hockey stories in the sports section of my Google News feed.

At this moment the 4 headlines include 2 articles about the NFL (aren't we still months away from the beginning of the season) and 2 articles about NHL playoff series. At least those are about current events, but it has been months since I've seen ONE article about hockey.

God forbid that I click on a link for an article about British royals or some other pop culture thingy - my newsfeed will be covered in that stuff for weeks...

/rant
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: [rant] If Google knows everything about me, why is my GNews sports section full of NBA, NFL and MLB news?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 25, 2021 08:16PM
NHL = hockey, no?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: [rant] If Google knows everything about me, why is my GNews sports section full of NBA, NFL and MLB news?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 25, 2021 08:34PM
Maybe one day if the NHL ever becomes a major spectator sport...
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 25, 2021 10:56PM
They see your hockey interest an anomaly to be cured by exposure to other sports (and they get more ad revenue if you read other sports coverage).

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 25, 2021 11:46PM
You can educate Google news. I was getting ridiculous and irrelevant stories so I took steps…
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020