advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
built RAM tough(luck)?!....Fiat Chrysler recalls half a million RAM trucks......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 28, 2021 07:24PM
......because the wheels might fall off.........uh huh......

Fiat Chrysler Recalls Big Ram Trucks; Wheels Could Fall Off

The company said that it doesn't know of any crashes or injuries caused by the problem

....Fiat Chrysler said Friday that it is recalling more than a half-million heavy-duty Ram trucks to fix a problem that can cause the wheels to fall off.

The recall covers certain 2012 through 2021 Ram 3500 heavy-duty pickups, and Ram 4500 and 5500 cab-chassis vehicles, mainly in North America. The trucks have dual rear wheels and flanged lug nuts.

Fiat Chrysler, now owned by Stellantis, said some service and owner's manuals had the wrong torque specifications for tightening the lug nuts that hold the wheels to the hubs. If the nuts were tightened too much, the wheel studs could be damaged and wheels could come off.

The company said that it doesn't know of any crashes or injuries caused by the problem. Fiat Chrysler says the wheels were tightened properly at the factory, so the only affected vehicles would be those that have had wheels removed for service.

Dealers will correct the manuals and inspect and replace wheel studs if needed. Owners will be notified within eight weeks.

I......fall......to pieces.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: built RAM tough(luck)?!....Fiat Chrysler recalls half a million RAM trucks......
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: May 28, 2021 08:36PM
No one is interested, unless it's Tesla recalling 10,000 cars... then, "they're doomed!".

Fiat Chrysler could have 20,000 deadly accidents from the wheels coming off and no one cares.

Media is funny that way...

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Re: built RAM tough(luck)?!....Fiat Chrysler recalls half a million RAM trucks......
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: May 28, 2021 09:08PM
Tesla gets attention because Musk draws attention, he lives for it.

Sounds like RAM started the recall promptly when the issue was discovered.
Unlike some of Ford & GM's attempts to dismiss and cover up more
serious problems.

I'm shocked RAM had sold half-million Ram 3500 heavy-duty pickups, and Ram 4500 and 5500 cab-chassis vehicles in ten years.
Those are seriously big honkin' trucks.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 28, 2021 09:13PM
.....Americans love their big trucks.......out motto is go big....or go home......and bigger is better.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 28, 2021 09:34PM
It’s also the NATURE of the recall that draws attention. This amounts to a typo, or at worst a random misunderstanding of the torque spec.

No one seriously thinks Ram somehow doesn’t know how lugnuts should be spec’d. It’s a simple news story, not a “media” conspiracy exaggeration.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 29, 2021 06:23AM
MrNoBody
I'm shocked RAM had sold half-million Ram 3500 heavy-duty pickups, and Ram 4500 and 5500 cab-chassis vehicles in ten years.
Those are seriously big honkin' trucks.
Work trucks, company fleet. Etc. Small businesses own a bunch of them.
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 29, 2021 08:04AM
Wow, the torque spec must have really been off. I’m pretty sure my mechanics ignore the torque reading when swapping my wheels. I swap my own Wheels twice a year to put on snow tires and I torque them to spec. If a commercial mechanic has worked on them in between, sometimes I almost have to stand on the wrench to get them to get them free.
Posted by: MikeF
Date: May 29, 2021 11:52AM
And I thought it would have been because the owners aren't macho enough to own it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 490
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020