advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Feeling inVisible
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: May 31, 2021 12:08PM
Well the move to Visible has not been so smooth. I finally moved our first line almost three weeks ago, and a second line a few days later. Things seemed okay at first, but a few incidents in the last two weeks have shown that deprioritization is the real deal in my area. That's when Visible and other MVNO's get second tier service when the network gets slow.

1) Cable service out when a truck took out a major line 100 miles away. It was out for about 8 hours, so everyone in the area fell back to using their phone as a hotspot. We had basically no data service during that period.

2) Power outage for 6 hours. Again, people fell back to doing everything on phones, and again no data service during that time period.

3) Memorial Day weekend happened and the local population rises from about 40K to 100+k. Not only do we have no data, we can't even get iMessages through.

So as much as I would like to be able to save the $$, Mrs Markintosh and I agreed that having service, especially during an extended emergency is more important. The extra $$ to go back to Verizon is just the cost of living here.

Evidently, I can't port back to Verizon for 60 days...so at least I will qualify for the $100 gift card from Visible, available after paying second month.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2021 12:09PM by Markintosh.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Feeling inVisible
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 31, 2021 12:47PM
That sucks. Works for us, but then again Verizon data and basic cell reception are already bad here all over town. Visible isn’t worse for us. We got the Deathstar as a competitor about a year ago. Might try them next.
Posted by: carl
Date: May 31, 2021 01:00PM
Sorry to hear Visible hasn't worked out for you. My wife and I have had no issues since we became Visible customers last summer.
Date: May 31, 2021 01:26PM
Updating...I couldn't even place a call just now. "All circuits are busy"

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 31, 2021 01:38PM
Does T-Mobile have coverage where you are? GREAT prices and service (my experience over 5+ years). As an RVer, it's prudent to have multiple lines with multiple carriers. Visible has worked well for me (as has T-Mobile and Verizon). About a month ago, T-Mobile had a deal on their 5G MiFi device (I believe the deal has since expired). I paid half price for the 5G MiFi unit and, pay $50 / month for 100GBs of data (5G where available, 4G otherwise). T-Mobile is using the "mid" 5G bands rather than the "High" band. Mid band travels MUCH farther than High band. A great resource re phones is" MIA", Mobile Internet Aficionados. Lots of free information and, with a paid subscription, they dive DEEP into mobile internet. They examine and review lots of cutting edge technology. Their "target audience" are RVers and boaters but, anyone who needs / wants cutting edge information is likely to find it here:

[www.rvmobileinternet.com]
Date: May 31, 2021 02:02PM
I did the T-Mobile Test Run trial, where they gave you a hotspot to try for 30 days for free. We had zero service at our house. Too bad as they offer great deals!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 260
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020