advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Wow, iTunes syncing really sucks now doesn't it... How do you sync your library now?
Posted by: spacescape
Date: June 07, 2021 08:27PM
Ok, my MBP is still on Sierra and iTunes 12.8.x and want to get a handful of my songs from my iTunes library to my iPhone 12 Pro yet I don't see where to select these songs. Did apple actually make iTunes even crappier than it was? I mean, is there any way to manually add songs to my iPhone 12 Pro?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Wow, iTunes syncing really sucks now doesn't it... How do you sync your library now?
Posted by: Todd's keyboard
Date: June 07, 2021 10:50PM
Good question. I gave up.

A friend donated her old, mid-2010 MacBook Pro to me for just this purpose. (She no longer needed it. My new Mac Mini can't deal with my iPod Shuffle or custom, iPod 240gb.)

The other reason for the older MBP is the Firewire port. Still have a bunch of old videos I need to digitize.

Todd's ancient keyboard
Re: Wow, iTunes syncing really sucks now doesn't it... How do you sync your library now?
Posted by: davemchine
Date: June 08, 2021 03:08AM
For me Plex is usually the answer to any question about iTunes. It has all of the features that iTunes should have had a long time ago.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 08, 2021 06:41AM
It's not visible under Summary > Options > Manually manage music and videos ...?

(See this image: [macspro.com])

...I think you may not be able to manage music manually if you have any iCloud music services active on your iPhone. Try going to the settings for the Music app and signing out.

Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: June 08, 2021 08:18AM
I'm glad you started this thread. I was thinking about starting one myself.
After an update the other day, I noticed a downward pointing arrow next to every song in my library (on my iPhone). It's not the cloud icon, just a downward arrow. What fresh hell is this? I'm sick of Apple's Music app! All my songs are on my desktop and was able to get my entire library onto my iPhone so I can listen wherever I am, but this gives me the impression that I have to download all my songs. I feel as though I'm being forced to subscribe to Apple's Music service.

bunny smileyCentral VA
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: June 08, 2021 08:30AM
Add me to the "I Gave Up" when it comes to iTunes. It's such a clusterF*ck of an application, largely due to Apple's insistence on trying to constantly sell you sell you sell you.

What I want in a music player is one thing: play my music. Put absolutely nothing else on the window except a list of the music I already have.

No easy solution so far.

Mac mini (M1 2020, 16G 2T) Big Sur 11.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Date: June 08, 2021 02:45PM
This "might" work. My iTunes library is so yucky right now. sad smiley

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: June 09, 2021 12:16PM
I've given up hope for the afternoon soaps and a bottle of cold brew...

bunny smileyCentral VA
Date: June 10, 2021 06:01AM
Wow, this is a cluster of a mess. I did end up doing a full backup and accepting Adobe CS 5.1 and some of my other apps I don't use much will no longer work (Need a photoshop and illustrator alternative I guess because I'm not paying Adobe a monthly fee for something I don't use tons anymore) and upgrading to Big Sur. I cannot figure out how to turn off iCloud Music Libraries (or whatever it's called) but what it appears to be doing now is syncing all my music to my iPhone 12 via the cloud. I'm assuming that all my music will sync to my iPad as well (haven't looked yet). But, when I add a new playlist on my MBP and hit sync with the iPhone not connected within a few minutes the new playlist popped up on my iPhone 12. It works but IMO this is just a big old mess. sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 130
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020