advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
oh, baby, baby?!.....Beech-nut recalling and discontinuing baby rice cereal.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 09, 2021 02:47PM
.....after high arsenic levels found.....so they are issuing a recall and at the same time, they will no longer sell the product......

Beech-Nut to stop selling baby rice cereal after finding high arsenic levels

.....Beech-Nut Nutrition voluntarily recalled an infant rice cereal Tuesday because the product exceeds a US Food and Drug Administration limit of 100 parts per billion of arsenic. The company also announced it would no longer sell baby rice cereal.

Research has shown that even low levels of arsenic exposure can impact a baby's neurodevelopment.

The only recalled product at this time is Beech-Nut Single Grain Rice item (UPC Code number 52200034705), which has an expiration date of 01MAY2022 and product codes 103470XXXX and 093470XXXX.

"No illnesses related to these product codes have been reported to date, and no other rice cereal production dates or Beech-Nut products are affected by this recall," the company said in a statement on its website.

"Beech-Nut has also decided to exit the market for Beech-Nut branded Single Grain Rice Cereal," the FDA said in its recall announcement.

"Beech-Nut is concerned about the ability to consistently obtain rice flour well-below the FDA guidance level and Beech-Nut specifications for naturally occurring inorganic arsenic," the FDA said.

In its announcement, the FDA quoted Jason Jacobs, Beech-Nut's vice president of food safety and quality.
"The safety of infants and children is Beech-Nut's top priority. We are issuing this voluntary recall, because we learned through routine sampling by the State of Alaska that a limited quantity of Beech-Nut Single Grain Rice Cereal products had levels of naturally-occurring inorganic arsenic above the FDA guidance level, even though the rice flour used to produce these products tested below the FDA guidance level for inorganic arsenic," Jacobs said.

A growing concern over high arsenic levels
The FDA first proposed the limit on arsenic in infant rice cereal in 2016 when studies found nearly half (47%) of infant rice cereals sampled from retail stores in 2014 contained 100 parts per billion of arsenic or more. The agency finalized the limit in August 2020........

bringing up.....baby.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2021 02:48PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: oh, baby, baby?!.....Beech-nut recalling and discontinuing baby rice cereal.....
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 10, 2021 08:44AM
Huh. I ate that stuff (per my own wishes) til I was 10 or so - made it myself and loved it (if there was enough sugar sprinkled on top).

But then maybe that explains how I turned out! wink smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 400
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020