advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
extra, extra, read all about it?!.....this 'on the bubble' TV show canceled [ no longer on the list ].....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 09, 2021 03:09PM
.....'Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist' on NBC.....they even tried to move to Peacock but no go.....

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist Cancelled After Peacock Rescue Bid Fails

.....Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist is singing a sad song: NBC has cancelled the musical dramedy after two seasons,

The network’s sibling streamer, Peacock, had been in negotiations to pick up the show for an eight-episode final season, but we’re told those talks broke down over the weekend.

Lionsgate, the studio behind Zoey’s, is already shopping the show around to other streaming outlets and there is said to be some interest.

When asked about that possibility of Zoey’s jumping from NBC to Peacock, showrunner Austin Winsberg told TVLine in May, “I know that that has been one of the discussions on the table, but I’ve heard nothing concrete.”

Winsberg went on to note that a shift from broadcast to streaming could have potential benefits for the show. “If we had the ability to not be so beholden to the network runtime, I mean, there are scenes I have to cut every week or songs I have to cut for time,” Winsberg explained. “To able to have a little bit more creative freedom and flexibility there could be great.”

Zoey’s Playlist this season averaged a little over 1.8 million total viewers and a 0.35 demo rating — down 10 and 17 percent from its freshman run. Out of the 14 dramas NBC has aired this TV season, it ranks No. 12 in the demo and next-to-last in audience (besting only Good Girls). In a March poll, TVLine readers picked Zoey’s Playlist as the bubble show they most wanted renewed, with 12.7 percent of the vote......

end......song.....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2021 03:18PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: extra, extra, read all about it?!.....this 'on the bubble' TV show canceled [ no longer on the list ].....
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 09, 2021 03:28PM
Bummer, but not a shocker.

It kinda took a huge shot at everything in the first season.. which I get these days... and I enjoyed watching it. but second season lost the dynamic.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Re: extra, extra, read all about it?!.....this 'on the bubble' TV show canceled [ no longer on the list ].....
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 09, 2021 06:19PM
Yeah, second season didn't seem to have direction. Was kind of flailing.

They should have taken a cue from Crazy Ex Girlfriend and moved on to consequences earlier. They dropped the psychiatrist in almost like an afterthought near the end when dealing with her obviously rapidly declining mental health should have been the central theme of the season.

Posted by: davemchine
Date: June 10, 2021 08:06AM
I think the director had a story to tell and once he told it there wasn’t any point in continuing. Good show.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 10, 2021 08:27AM
......season 1 was strong....even the music selected.......but season 2 meandered.....the love triangle wasn't interesting......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 369
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020