advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Another iPad Pro 12.9 inch question
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: June 09, 2021 04:36PM
Anyone have one and believe it's too big? Currently have the 9.7 inch iPP and looking to get a new one. Like the 11 inch but really toying with the larger version. I primarily use my iPP as a handheld tablet as intended. Will be getting either the Apple or Logitech keyboard case to use new iPP as tablet and sudo laptop.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Another iPad Pro 12.9 inch question
Posted by: archipirata
Date: June 09, 2021 04:58PM
I've had a 12.9 for about a year and a half. I had an iPad air 2 before and and I don't find it significantly different in terms of dealing with the larger form factor. If you are used to having a tablet already it's a minor adjustment. And the screen real estate increase for doing any kind of visual arts work is well worth dealing with the larger size IMHO.

Athens, OH
Posted by: testcase
Date: June 09, 2021 05:37PM
I have a Gen 1, 12.9" iPadPro and last year's "compact" 12.9" iPadPro. I have NO problem with the size of either. I DO like having the "Home Button" that the Gen 1 features. I also like the USB-C port the newer model has.
Date: June 09, 2021 06:30PM
archipirata
I've had a 12.9 for about a year and a half. I had an iPad air 2 before and and I don't find it significantly different in terms of dealing with the larger form factor. If you are used to having a tablet already it's a minor adjustment. And the screen real estate increase for doing any kind of visual arts work is well worth dealing with the larger size IMHO.

I’m thinking that the larger screen would be good for aging eyes as well as split screen.
Posted by: pqrst
Date: June 09, 2021 07:28PM
A 12.9 screen can display roughly a full size piece of paper. I use my mine to read scripts. Find it pretty good. Definitely depends on how good your vision is and your expectations about viewing. What size is your tv is a question that everyone has an different idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2021 07:39PM by pqrst.
Date: June 10, 2021 08:08AM
Any recommendations on a case? I may hold tight on a keyboard solution for the time being.
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 10, 2021 08:51AM
I think mine (gen 1) is the “right size” - every other iPad seems too small. Doubt I’ll ever go back.

I like my current case well enough; synthetic “leather”, has held up well, not too bulky or heavy, shuts iPad off when closed, has elastic loop for stylus and slots for some paper, can stand up.

Basic stuff I know. Your needs may vary.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 163
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020