advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Shopping tip: Now that WalMart locks up their Jeans...
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: June 11, 2021 10:33AM
Now that WalMart locks up jeans in a locked case (along with socks and underwear...), guaranteeing that I won't be shopping there for clothes any more....

As it turns out, Amazon carries the Rustler brand jeans at the same price, with free shipping for Prime.
So, cheaper than Walmart online, and more convenient than Walmart in-store at the same price.

Soon, there will be nothing Walmart offers that I can't get somewhere else, an not have to deal with Walmart's lack of employees who are never around when I need the damn key to the underwear lockup!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Shopping tip: Now that WalMart locks up their Jeans...
Posted by: JoeH
Date: June 11, 2021 10:38AM
Amazon also carries Wrangler, and you don't get them with faux double seams like at Walmart. Thatis where I ordered my last batch.

I usually buy jeans at Target, but they stopped carrying some of the colors and styles online, and I didn't want to drive half an hour to find they also no longer carry them in the store either.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 11, 2021 10:38AM
....they even lock up the Jordache....jeans....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: testcase
Date: June 11, 2021 10:49AM
If you know the specifics of the jeans, socks, shorts etc, you can order online and pick up at the local Walmart. You don't even have to go IN the store. They'll bring them out to you in the parking lot.

Are you familiar with the Wrangler Riggs Workwear line? SUBSTANTIALLY better fabric and construction. I LOVE Riggs Workwear Cargo pants. When I was lucky to get more than three months out of the "standard" Wrangle Cargo pants (they'd fall apart after several washings), the Riggs Workwear line looks great after TWO YEARS+!

[duckduckgo.com]

I've seen Riggs Workwear pants in "Farm & Field" type stores (if there happen to be any such stores nearby).
Posted by: Robert M
Date: June 11, 2021 11:39AM
Test,

My favorite jeans are still Duluth Trading Ballroom jeans.

[www.duluthtrading.com]

Dollar for dollar, they're top-quality and fit well. Has design components that are nice. As a more cost effective alternative, I've temporarily switched to Wrangler Authentics Classic 5-Pocket Regular Fit.

[www.amazon.com]

Not nearly as heavy duty nor do they have some of the niceties of the Duluth Jeans but they're less than half the price. They fit me a little better.

The biggest problem facing me when it comes to jeans from any company is length/inseam. The shortest length/inseam I usually see is 28" and that is just a touch too long for me since I don't suffer from Tall-Person's Disease. I can get by with 28" but then the bottom of the jeans tend to get shredded over time. A 27" length/inseam is just right and that assumes the jeans are manufactured correctly in the first place. The actual measurements from many companies is off. Sometimes just a little. Sometimes quite a bit.

Admittedly, I can always get a pair of jeans with a longer length/inseam or ones that lack a predetermined length/inseam and get them shortened but that is inconvenient and surprisingly expensive. Most places charge $10 to $15 to do the job. That's nearly half the price of Wrangler Authentics! Tempted to buy a cheap sewing machine and teach myself how to shorten jeans and be done with it.

Or, possibly give a company like Make Your Own Jeans a try.

[www.makeyourownjeans.com]

Very tempting since I can get the jeans made to my exact specifications. Much pricier than the Wranglers whcih are not perfect but good enough.

Robert
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 11, 2021 12:37PM
As I was reading this I was thinking about the last time I wore jeans.... maybe 20 years ago?

Seems weird.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: June 11, 2021 12:47PM
testcase
If you know the specifics of the jeans, socks, shorts etc, you can order online and pick up at the local Walmart. You don't even have to go IN the store. They'll bring them out to you in the parking lot.

Are you familiar with the Wrangler Riggs Workwear line? SUBSTANTIALLY better fabric and construction. I LOVE Riggs Workwear Cargo pants. When I was lucky to get more than three months out of the "standard" Wrangle Cargo pants (they'd fall apart after several washings), the Riggs Workwear line looks great after TWO YEARS+!

[duckduckgo.com]

I've seen Riggs Workwear pants in "Farm & Field" type stores (if there happen to be any such stores nearby).

Not on Jeans! At least, not from my local Walmart... "Pickup Not Available"... same with socks and underwear. If it's in a locked case, tough $#!^ apparently...
I like the cheap "Rustler" jeans for working in the shop, yard, etc... For ones I'm gonna wear around people, I'll spend the extra $20 for nicer ones. :-)

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: June 11, 2021 01:21PM
I don't buy them online because the odds of them fitting right are not good. Same with shoes.
Date: June 11, 2021 03:30PM
....even the Mom.....jeans.....???

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 11, 2021 04:14PM
It’s the location and loss levels in the store that defines what gets locked up.
Posted by: DewGuy
Date: June 11, 2021 07:02PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2021 07:59PM by DewGuy.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: June 11, 2021 07:24PM
testcase

[duckduckgo.com]

I have a green and a brown pair.
No fade spots either

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: testcase
Date: June 12, 2021 01:03AM
Years ago, I used to buy the Duluth Trading Cargo Pocket Pants. For reason unknown, Duluth put the "coin pocket" at the BOTTOM of the right side pocket. When I wanted to get change out, I basically had to empty out that right side pocket in order to access the coin pocket. It was a shame as the Duluth pants were of good quality and construction. I first saw the Wrangler Riggs Workwear Cargo Pants on a fellow at an RV rally several years ago. After talking to him about his pants, I decided to order a pair from Amazon. All in all, the Riggs Workwear are the BEST pants I've ever owned!

Note: Riggs Workwear pants ARE available as jeans and other styles in addition to their Cargo Pants. The Cargo Pants just work out for me VERY well.
Date: June 12, 2021 08:08AM
Test,

I wanted to so much to check out Wrangler Riggs jeans. Unfortunately, they don't offer anything shorter than 29" or 30", depending on the type of jeans. They are no longer cost effective by the time I get the jeans and then pay someone to shorten them.

Robert
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 12, 2021 09:35AM
Thanks for the Wrangler recs, I'll check out any jeans that are 100% cotton, as they're becoming difficult to find.
Date: June 12, 2021 10:00AM
MrBig,

They're easy to find. The problem is that they aren't advertised as much because apparently stretch denim is the "in" thing these days. I prefer heavyweight, durable denim. 'course, I also prefer heavyweight, low-rise jeans and getting them in the correct length is a friggin' pain in the butt. Gonna seriously have to consider buying from that custom jeans company I found. I don't mind paying up to $50 to $75 for a pair of jeans. They just gotta fit properly.

Robert
Date: June 12, 2021 11:10AM
....can they just lock up the jean......that give you male pattern baldness.....???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2021 11:12AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 12, 2021 03:39PM
I decided to order a pair from Amazon.

I did the same, yesterday, ordering a pair of Wrangler Riggs Workwear Men's Ranger Pant.

My goto pants have always been Levi's 505s, but it was getting hard to find the size and color I like and they were getting pricy.

I happened to find a couple pairs of Levi cargo pants and thought I'd give them a try.

One of them has the coin pocket in the bottom of the right front pocket, and everything I put in the pocket ends up in it, and it annoys me no end, and I don't carry coins, ever.

Another pair has an inside pocket in the left front pocket that snags my 'Phone every time I try to put it away.

And one of them just gave up the ghost without a lot of time on the clock.

Anyway, I tend to like cargo pants more than jeans now, but will keep a pair or two of the latter around for 'formal' wear.

AMZ was out of stock on the Wranglers, but I ordered and they're supposed to ship in a week or so.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 13, 2021 01:59PM
cbelt3
It’s the location and loss levels in the store that defines what gets locked up.

I went through this yesterday, the item was a pump needle to inflate a ball, the price was $0.96. It was in a locked case, and took forever to get someone to unlock it. I was able to flag down several floor people but none of them were trusted with the key, all they could do was push the same button I pushed.

In the end I expect that Walmart will stop carrying the stuff in the locked cases due to "low sales", and won't recognize the self inflicted cause of the "low sales".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 168
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020