advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
the 'bud'dy system?!.....'Beats Studio Buds' debuTT today......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 14, 2021 11:40AM
.......$149.99....first Beats earbuds to compete with AirPods (functionally).......

Beats Studio Buds Debuting Today With Active Noise Cancellation, Stemless Design, and More for $150

.....We've seen a lot of teasers about the Beats Studio Buds over the past month since they first showed up in Apple's beta software updates, and today they're finally official. The Beats Studio Buds are available to order today in red, white, and black ahead of a June 24 ship date, and they're priced at $149.99.

The Studio Buds are the first Beats-branded earbuds to truly compete with AirPods thanks to their wire-free design that fits comfortably in the ear without the over-ear hook seen on Powerbeats Pro.

In many respects, the Studio Buds are competitive with AirPods Pro at a lower price point, with a diminutive design that's slightly lighter than the AirPods Pro while still offering features like Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and Transparency modes.

I've been using a pair of Studio Buds in "Beats Red" for the past week and a half, and I've come away impressed with their performance, especially given their price point. I'm a heavy AirPods Pro user on a day-to-day basis, and the Studio Buds stack up well against them in most respects........

Beat(s)......ing.........off......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2021 11:50AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: the 'bud'dy system?!.....'Beats Studio Buds' debuTT today......
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 14, 2021 12:15PM
These look great if the build quality is better than beats in the past.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: June 14, 2021 02:36PM
Since they're available in black and red as well as white, maybe we can get away from the There's Something About Mary "hair gel" look that regular AirPods impart.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 14, 2021 03:43PM
[news.google.com]
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 14, 2021 04:22PM
maybe we can get away from the There's Something About Mary "hair gel" look that regular AirPods impart.

I bet your interpretations of Rorschach patterns are a hoot.

(LOL)

I like the design, as with AirPods and AirPods Pro, I don't like the disposable aspect vs cost of wireless earbuds.

However, if memory foam tips become available I might be tempted.

I'll have to read reviews.

Bass-heavy is not a metric I appreciate and for casual listening, I find AirPods to be really decent.

[9to5mac.com]
[9to5mac.com]

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 14, 2021 07:21PM
I do like the way they fit between the AirPods and AirPods Pro. But will they stay in while running. I like my Bose with the silicone ear holders.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 14, 2021 08:17PM
But will they stay in while running.

I vote no, and if they do, that would be the exception, not the rule.

At least in my experience, not with running but walking, because ears sweat.

I'd give memory foam a shot, if/when available.

The Powerbeats Pro fit me better than the AirPods Pro, because I shape the hooks, but I still can't get one quite right.

Memory foam tips might fix that, but they're a little to pricey for me to take a chance.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 15, 2021 11:27AM
The Studio Buds are the first Beats-branded earbuds to truly compete with AirPods thanks to their wire-free design that fits comfortably in the ear without the over-ear hook seen on Powerbeats Pro.

I like the over-ear hook on my PBsP.

Makes them great for running.

Air Pods Pro don't stay in.

Air Pods Amateur need the silicone covers to be secure.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 15, 2021 11:34AM
.....hope that you guys like.....debuTTs.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 147
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020