advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon peeve, WTF? < Updated >
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 14, 2021 07:35PM
Per prior thread; $13 Amazon item was on sale for $9...., and had $2 "click here" coupon, making it a very attractive purchase.... but had to order individually to get $7 ea. pricing, otherwise it was $2 off the entire order.

Well, a whole bunch showed up today (in separate envelopes), and spousal unit liked 'em (I had gotten some for her previously). Wanted more, for more presents. So now I go back, and they're priced at $6.50 ea., no coupon click needed, and no quantity restriction at that price. Go figure!
(YKW had me order 5 more, to cost average down)

We also ordered a couple from the second most popular AMZ vendor the other day, because they had a "limited time deal" for same $7 tag at that time, but literally could only buy one at a time per order. Go back today, and they're up to $9 each, no limit, since the limited time was evidently up. Amazon is yankin' a lot of chains these days.... they both routinely rotate prices from $9 thru $13, with the majority of the time priced at $10, so anything under $9 is a real sale.

Just for shiggles, there was new AMZ seller the other day that had their offering for only $6/ea., so I ordered two of those, too, just to see if they were any good. While we were pleasantly surprised, spousal unit (as noted above) has opted to stick with the big guns. Newbie's packaging was better, but big gun's leather case is better. Fit and finish of both products looks similar, but other human knows big gun's quality from personal use, and wants to wait for feedback from gift recipients before splurging on more newbie product. "Sure, honey, let your friends be the guinea pigs..."

Amazon madness is never ending.
YMMWon'tV
==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon peeve, WTF? < Updated >
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 14, 2021 08:11PM
Hey, I've seen some Must Have® goodie mentioned here and sold at AMZ that was on sale for a few hours or less.

As penance for not checking in regularly at MRF to catch the deal, I flagellated myself (and not in a good way) and refused to buy the widget at the slightly increased regular price, because it wasn't a deal!

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 14, 2021 09:16PM
Are you ashamed to say what it is? winking smiley

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: space-time
Date: June 15, 2021 01:19AM
Filliam H. Muffman

:this:
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 15, 2021 03:20PM
space-time
Filliam H. Muffman

:this:

well, kinda, but let's just say it primarily falls into the personal grooming category, w/ slight overlap into health/medical....
high turnover on AMZ of Chinese products.
don't want to be distracted by domestic products that cost 4X+, even though I'm sure they're better.
other human has nasty habit of losing/misplacing this kind of stuff, so cheaper is better.
she's on like her 5th or 6th rev, while I still use my original from many years ago.
as noted, she likes giving little gifts like this, so it will be interesting to get feedback on the newbies....
if they run true to form, and feedback is really good, they'll either be gone from AMZ, or double the price when we check back.
high rated, big sellers of Chinese product only seem to last 2 - 3 years on AMZ, but there are decent rated, OK sellers that have been there for 5 - 6 years.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020