advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Be careful when emailing people in other departments about a minor typo in something they just made public.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 16, 2021 05:06PM
"... I plan on getting with you about our prospectus when we've got the working files and need to make text changes ..."

Oh great, so now I'm a copy editor, too.

Wait until they realize my grammar is non-existent and that half of my spelling gets corrected by Google. And that I didn't even read past p.3 where I noticed the typo.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Be careful when emailing people in other departments about a minor typo in something they just made public.
Posted by: MikeF
Date: June 16, 2021 05:31PM
I worked for a big aerospace company. The marketing department accidentally put the telephone number to our office (me and a coworker) on one of their marketing brochures. We were getting all kinds of ridiculous telephone calls from both English and non-English speaking callers all day long. Took the marketing department about 2 weeks before they came over and explained the error. And of course, they needed to have that number because of their error. We had to get a new one and let everyone (work-related, home-related, etc.) know what our new number was.
Re: Be careful when emailing people in other departments about a minor typo in something they just made public.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: June 16, 2021 05:57PM
No good deed goes unpunished.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: June 16, 2021 06:58PM
Mere competence is rewarded with piles of more work when management realizes there's someone who actually gets things done.

It is a very sad day when another org realizes they can pay that kind of person real money and your org loses them.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 16, 2021 07:20PM
Ah, corporate goofs… I still fondly remember a marketing campaign for an 1-800 number that used a word. That when spelled properly produced a phone sex line. Oops.
Posted by: Don C
Date: June 16, 2021 09:24PM
Be the job
Large or small
Do it Well
Now Do it All
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 406
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020