advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple Watch SE versus 6 (coming from an Apple Watch 3)
Posted by: spacescape
Date: June 18, 2021 04:11PM
My 16 year old has an Apple Watch 3 which has a cracked screen and asking me to find out about having it repaired. When I went to Apple's site I'm seeing an Apple Watch SE and an Apple Watch 6. He his a 38mm which IMO looks too small on his wrist now. Coming from a 3 is there really any advantage of getting a 6 ??? Now, if I was buying one I'd totally get a 6 just for the always on display.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple Watch SE versus 6 (coming from an Apple Watch 3)
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: June 18, 2021 05:17PM
There's a good comparison chart here:

[9to5mac.com]

It's about half way down the page

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 18, 2021 05:58PM
An SE is like a combo 4/5.

Have seen the 6 on sale a lot recently.

The 4/5/6/SE are the larger firm factor — the smaller 40 mm version is bigger than the older 42 mm.

If you can find the SE on sale, go for it.

If it’s something he might want to keep for a bit, and isn’t hard on things… I’d go with the 6.

AW 7 is due…guesing in about 3 months.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: June 18, 2021 08:54PM
The 44mm 6 is on sale at Best Buy for $359. Mine was delivered today, I looked at both and wanted as many as the health monitoring features as I could get.

Grateful11
Posted by: Carm
Date: June 19, 2021 11:43PM
Wife jumped from 3 to 6 larger 44mm Best Buy deal. Good price IMHO. Wife is sporting a Watch 6 and iPhone 12. I’m still on XR and Using a Garmin 620 as a watch and notifications. Last for days just as a watch.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: June 25, 2021 06:10AM
Thanks for all the input. Ended up ordering a "Apple Watch Series 6 GPS, 44mm Blue Aluminum Case with Abyss Sport Loop" and picking it up today. He likes the Sport Loops so it made sense to order it this way versus paying for one separate. Even better that his Cousin's (My wife's niece) husband currently works for Apple and got him 15% off and we were able to get it for $365 + tax so pretty fair deal. He did get AppleCare + as well. The only kicker is I am driving about 50 minutes away to pick it up today so he can use it in Florida because they had it in stock and if we had it shipped it would arrive after they left for vacation so I figured I'd do that for him (He's a good kid... 4.0+ GPA, currently having a 72 hour EEG and figured it might take his mind off of a few things).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020