Fathers Day review of my Corsair Virtuoso SE headset
Posted by: Bernie
Date: June 19, 2021 07:37AM
Is it iCUE?
Is it Big Suck OS 11.4?
Is it M1 chip?

Headset issues I am having, that I should not be having

ELO Greatest playing

If I change the volume from the menu bar, I see the Left Right slider go halfway always to the right.
If I do it with the Keyboard, Sound preferences slider, or the headset volume roller there is no balance change.

I do not have these sound problem when I listen with the USB cord.

Sleep to Dream, Fiona Apple
Ample Bottom. I do not think the iCUE software has any EQ functions. The lighting effects work.

The Cars, Moving in Stereo. No Complaints
Bowie, Everyone Says Hi. Sweet
Alan Parsons, Breakdown, Don’t Let it Show,The Voice Let’s just say full and balanced as only Mr Parson knows. No audio spectrum left empty or overshadowed.

Still breaking in the fit but the seal is incredible. I can jam without being disturbing to others. I seated them on my leg to see how quiet they were at half volume, nil.

Pulled the cord and went back to wireless USB dongle. No sound. Anytime I use the USB cord, like just now to listen or to the stand alone to charge. The USB dongle no workey.

Yes, Long Distance Runaround. Okay I plugged in my Plantronics USB Dongle turned on headset and they work. Yes, Mood for the Day They are just old, and left cup dangles if you open them to much. They sound fine. Range sucks.

Back to the Corsair. I plug in dangle, headphones turn on, Mac speaker mutes and Corsair is selected automatically. No Sound. I read to go to Activity Monitor and quit Coreaudiod, Nope.

On my wife’s Intel iMac and no iCUE software. The Corsair Virtuoso SE just works. Swap back and forth between wireless and wired and adjust volume from any location with no adverse effects.

Is it iCUE?
Is it Big Suck?
Is it M1?
Reboot always works. Reboot with the M1 is FAST.
Now that I understand the limitations and the work arounds, I am still quite Happy with the Corsair Virtuoso SE.

Cordless range blows away the Plantronics. Controls you need are where I expect them to be and have different Tactile shapes and motions. Mic is detachable and big ole button where it attaches to mute with.
Battery life is aided by sensor that knows you hung them up to go have a smoke. By the time you get them seated on your head it is beeping and ready. Battery level is displayed in the Menu bar by choice and it shows full, half and MIA. Led on headset shows Green, Yellow, Red, and Flashing Red.

Okay I trashed the iCUE software with AppZapper and the USB cable is not working for audio but the balance does not shift.
Reinstalled iCUE.
I am done screwing around for a bit. Audio adjusts now with no L/R Channel changes USB cord channel no works and kills wireless. One more reboot.
I hear the Animals Boom Boom on my headset. Am Done.

Hope you enjoyed this Rant and review.

Staunton, Virginia
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 386
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020