advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
LastPass - any users here?
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: June 19, 2021 08:17AM
Longtime user of 1Password, and always their (hidden) one-time payment client, instead of their monthly subscription model.

Been thinking of switching to LastPast, which still has a free version but it won't sync with ones iPhone (or other devices). I may be able to live with that.

Any MacResourcers use it?

Mac mini (M1 2020, 16G 2T) Big Sur 11.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: LastPass - any users here?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 19, 2021 09:11AM
Interface is a little clunkier than 1PW which is not the smoothest to begin with.

If you're using the perpetual license version of 1PW then you don't have any of the cloud services to compare to LastPass which is entirely a cloud service.

Users were *probably* not harmed to any great extent, but LastPass had an embarrassing data breach and browser-exploit exposed.
[www.mcafee.com]
[www.forbes.com]

Date: June 19, 2021 09:14AM
Sarcany
If you're using the perpetual license version of 1PW then you don't have any of the cloud services to compare to LastPass which is entirely a cloud service.
With my perpetual license, I'm able to place the vault to either my iCloud or Dropbox account, which allows me to use 1Password on both my second Mac (an Air) and my iPhone. That may be different from what you're referring to, though.

EDIT: thanks for the note on LastPass's interface, Sarcany. Good to know.

Mac mini (M1 2020, 16G 2T) Big Sur 11.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2021 09:14AM by tuqqer.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: June 19, 2021 10:05AM
Tuqqer,

Long time 1Password user. Stayed at v6 with perpetual license. Syncs across my macs and idevices via dropbox. For me, 1Password6 just works. No need to upgrade to different version fir now and definitely no need switch to anything else. Makes me wonder which version you’re using and what about it doesn’t work for you or makes you want to switch to a different password manager,

Robert
Date: June 19, 2021 10:16AM
1PW actually works well for me (I'm running 7.8.6). I just hired an IT guy and to get him up to speed, I was making sure he had a good password manager, and it got me thinking about which one is currently the best. I think you're right, just leave well enough alone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2021 02:59PM by tuqqer.
Posted by: Gilbert
Date: June 19, 2021 10:44AM
I have used LastPass for the last 10 years or so. At the time 1PW didn't have a windows client and I use Mac at home but Windows at work exclusively so I needed something that could do both. I currently have the Family plan for LP and it works well for our needs. As the saying goes, it really doesn't matter what you use, as long as you are using some kind of password manager instead of using the same password for all sites.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 392
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020