advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple TV Plus' free-trial extensions set to end...
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 19, 2021 12:41PM
Just a reminder....
Five bucks is five bucks!

[www.cnet.com]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple TV Plus' free-trial extensions set to end...
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 19, 2021 01:43PM
I thought we had an extension when we purchased a new Apple TV recently. I’ll have to check what Apple said.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 19, 2021 01:46PM
ok, guess i'll be going in and out every few months at least until all of Ted Lasso has dropped.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 19, 2021 03:14PM
Whatever. I'll put it in the sub-binge-unsub rotation.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: June 19, 2021 03:47PM
My free subscription isn’t set to lapse yet, but I probably won’t renew it. I haven’t found much that I like there.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: June 19, 2021 03:58PM
The first year of ATV+ seems stronger than the second.

We really enjoyed the Morning Show, Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest plus some assorted other things in our first year.

The second season of Mythic Quest has been a yawner. We also found Mosquito Coast to be a disappointment. The teaser for the morning show looks weak. Unless Ted Lasso is amazing this season, we'll probably let it lapse.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 19, 2021 04:48PM
For All Mankind was pretty good, both seasons. Season 3 has about a 50-50 chance of being great or awful.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: June 19, 2021 06:49PM
I say the entire Apple TV Plus thing will be gone within 5 years. We've had it free for about year and a half. The only series we really liked was 'Truth Be Told'. Tried to watch 'See' twice and just couldn't get into it. 'The Morning Show', couldn't deal with the F bomb every other sentence. Watched one episode of 'For All Mankind', just couldn't really get into it, might revisit that one.

Grateful11
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 19, 2021 07:10PM
.....'Little Voice'..........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Michael
Date: June 20, 2021 06:15AM
I got mine with the SE phones we bought last April. Then when we got 12's in November I forgot to activate it. So, our free subscription ends in a couple of weeks. I'll cancel because I really don't care about much on it.

Maybe come back and look at it in a year. I did like Ted Lasso. That might be worth a 1-month subscription in a year to binge next year's show.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 137
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020