advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Got my hands on some Faygo Cola
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 20, 2021 03:24PM
Originally introduced to me by TheGrimNinja on this forum years ago. Editing some photos for a client and driving some cola, oh yeah.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2021 03:30PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Got my hands on some Faygo Cola
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: June 20, 2021 03:30PM
Does it compare to Coke or Pepsi or is it on it's on? Been cutting back on soft drinks.

Grateful11
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: June 20, 2021 04:05PM
Nothing better than Nozz-A-La cola while I'm changing the oil on my Takuro Spirit on a hot summer's day.

But then I start feeling a little tickle at the back of my throat...aren't summer colds just the worse?
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: June 20, 2021 04:16PM
Same parent company as Shasta.

I'd be curious to discover if the colas are identical. Last Shasta Cola I had
reminded me of the old RC Cola, sugar not HFCS!

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 20, 2021 05:42PM
I gotta tell you, RC Cola when it was the only diet cola using splenda was nectar of the gods when ice cold.

I should see if I can find some this afternoon.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: JoeM
Date: June 20, 2021 05:51PM
My favorite has been Mexi-Coke. The Coke made in Mexico has been make with sugar cane rather than the high fructose corn syrup they use here in the States and tastes like Cokes I used to get back in the 50s. I read that Mexico is switching to the same stuff they use here unfortunately.

I have one bottle of the good stuff left for a rainy day.

JoeM
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 20, 2021 05:55PM
Grateful11
Does it compare to Coke or Pepsi or is it on it's on? Been cutting back on soft drinks.

I normally drinkCoke Zero or Diet Pepsi. I haven't had a regular Coke in a few years. The Faygo Cola is cola with a slight fruity taste to it.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 20, 2021 06:02PM
Detrioters know…

“Faygo was founded in Detroit, Michigan, in November 1907, as Feigenson Brothers Bottle Works by Russian baker immigrants Ben and Perry Feigenson. The original flavors of Faygo (fruit punch, strawberry, and grape) were based on cake frosting recipes used by the Feigensons in Russia.

In the 1960s, the soda's regional popularity expanded when the company began advertising during broadcasts of Detroit Tigers games. This increased company sales from $6 million in 1966 to $20.4 million in 1971.

TreeSweet Products Corp. bought the company from the Feigenson family in early 1986 for $105 million. TreeSweet in turn sold the company to National Beverage Corp. a year later in 1987.”
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 20, 2021 06:03PM
I don't care for soda, but the wife drinks it with RC Cola being her favorite with Publix store brand next, then Coke.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 20, 2021 06:21PM
what a coincidence. i saw Faygo Cola earlier today at Aldi. Even had a diet version. I had never heard of them so i didn’t buy any even though sodas were on my shopping list. They were OOS on the Aldi diet cola.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: ArtP
Date: June 20, 2021 08:34PM
I guess i am spoiled being from Detroit and growing up with Faygo soda pop all my life.

They have some interesting flavors other than the traditional Red Pop, Cola and Orange.

One of my favorites is Rock and Rye (Tastes kinda like Dr Pepper)

Twist is their answer to 7up or Sprite.
Moon Mist is like Mtn Dew.
60/40 is like Squirt.

They have a new flavor called Fireworks that is supposed to taste like a Bomb Pop Popsicle?? (This fire combination of cherry, lime, and blue raspberry will light up your tastebuds)

We also have a famous throwback commercial - [www.youtube.com]
Posted by: rz
Date: June 20, 2021 08:38PM
We used to get Faygo when I was a kid. I haven't drunk soda for over 10 years. I prefer iced tea, or flavored water.
Date: June 20, 2021 10:00PM
pRICE cUBE
Grateful11

I normally drinkCoke Zero or Diet Pepsi. I haven't had a regular Coke in a few years. The Faygo Cola is cola with a slight fruity taste to it.

The RC Cola with splenda had a slight cinnamon taste to it, as does Diet Coke in Mexico. There are different flavor profiles for Coke around the world for differing local palates.

I had a co-worker who traveled around the world supporting weapons systems and satellite fueling. He always tried the local Coke products, and carefully brought the empty cans back. He had a great collection on a high shelf. Over 2 dozen regional variations. Puerto Rico has their own bottling plant.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 21, 2021 12:13AM
Racer X
pRICE cUBE
Grateful11

The RC Cola with splenda had a slight cinnamon taste to it, as does Diet Coke in Mexico. There are different flavor profiles for Coke around the world for differing local palates.

I had a co-worker who traveled around the world supporting weapons systems and satellite fueling. He always tried the local Coke products, and carefully brought the empty cans back. He had a great collection on a high shelf. Over 2 dozen regional variations. Puerto Rico has their own bottling plant.

That's really cool. The World of Coke in Atlanta is fun. It lets you taste the flavors of the world.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: June 21, 2021 06:24AM
ArtP
I guess i am spoiled being from Detroit and growing up with Faygo soda pop all my life.

They have some interesting flavors other than the traditional Red Pop, Cola and Orange.

One of my favorites is Rock and Rye (Tastes kinda like Dr Pepper)

Twist is their answer to 7up or Sprite.
Moon Mist is like Mtn Dew.
60/40 is like Squirt.

They have a new flavor called Fireworks that is supposed to taste like a Bomb Pop Popsicle?? (This fire combination of cherry, lime, and blue raspberry will light up your tastebuds)

We also have a famous throwback commercial - [www.youtube.com]

If you can find it, Faygo Pineapple soda is quite good. It's the only exclusively fruit-flavored soda I like.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes
Posted by: decay
Date: June 21, 2021 08:11AM
Woop woop!

Posted by: mikebw
Date: June 21, 2021 02:23PM
Is that the one used on set for the Marvel show Loki?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 21, 2021 08:47PM
....diet....rite......and.....shasta......

......'member Virgin cola......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2021 08:47PM by NewtonMP2100.
Date: June 22, 2021 12:17AM
I remember Jolt.

Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: June 22, 2021 03:57AM
Racer X
I remember Jolt.
ditto & I remember the 'relaunch' by the new owner. Did not end well.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 306
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020