Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Finally watching "Occupied" on Netflix
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 27, 2021 01:06AM
Episode 1 was great.

I think I had to wait until it was a little less realistic before I could start!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Finally watching "Occupied" on Netflix
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 27, 2021 06:57AM
One of my favorite series.

Down the same alley, “The Bodyguard” (Netflix. Closest to “Occupied”. Golden Globe for Best Actor.), “Borgen” (Netflix HBO Max. Less action oriented, much more political), “Pine Gap” (Netflix. More intrigue, a fair amount of politics around the edges).

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2021 12:51AM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 27, 2021 08:13AM
Blankity Blank

Down the same alley, “The Bodyguard” (Netflix. Closest to “Occupied”. Golden Globe for Best Actor.), “Borgen” (Netflix. Less action oriented, much more political), “Pine Gap” (Netflix. More intrigue, a fair amount of politics around the edges).

Borgen = The West Wing in Denmark
Posted by: testcase
Date: June 27, 2021 08:37AM
I recently finished watching “Queen’s Gambit’ on Netflix. It was the best series I’ve seen in a long time. I’m currently watching “Lucifer” and enjoying it. devil smiley
Date: June 27, 2021 10:20AM
DeusxMac
Blankity Blank

Down the same alley, “The Bodyguard” (Netflix. Closest to “Occupied”. Golden Globe for Best Actor.), “BorgenNetflix HBO Max. Less action oriented, much more political), “Pine Gap” (Netflix. More intrigue, a fair amount of politics around the edges).

Except our Toby was much hawter.

As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2021 12:54AM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 27, 2021 11:26AM
.....will start 'Applepied'......soon and with whipped cream.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 27, 2021 02:06PM
DeusxMac
Blankity Blank

Down the same alley, “The Bodyguard” (Netflix. Closest to “Occupied”. Golden Globe for Best Actor.), “Borgen” (Netflix. Less action oriented, much more political), “Pine Gap” (Netflix. More intrigue, a fair amount of politics around the edges).

It is a good series that I recall watching years ago on PBS. How old? Did they pick it up and make new episodes?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 27, 2021 02:57PM
I really liked Bodyguard!

Richard Madden was terrific.

There are rumors of a Series 2, but if it happens (the series was a smash hit) it likely won't be until '22 or '23.

Cold Courage was pretty good, although John Simm (Life on Mars, Grace) played a bad guy, and that didn't sit well with me.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: June 27, 2021 05:12PM
RgrF
DeusxMac
Blankity Blank

Down the same alley, “The Bodyguard” (Netflix. Closest to “Occupied”. Golden Globe for Best Actor.), “Borgen” (Netflix. HBO Max. Less action oriented, much more political), “Pine Gap” (Netflix. More intrigue, a fair amount of politics around the edges).

It is a good series that I recall watching years ago on PBS. How old? Did they pick it up and make new episodes?

Borgen? Netflix has three seasons.

Two of Borgen’s leads are featured in the 2020 six part docudrama “The Investigation” (HBO Max), based on the case of a journalist, Kim Wall, who disappeared while reporting on a submarine owned by an Elon Muskish entrepreneur, Peter Madsen.

Pilou Asbæk (Spin doctor Kasper Juul in “Borgen”, as well as black sheep brother Euron Greyjoy in “Game of Thrones”) stars as the Head of the Copenhagen Police's Homicide unit and Søren Malling (Borgen’s horny news director Torben Friis) plays his superior Chief Inspector Jens Møller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2021 12:49AM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 27, 2021 06:48PM
Original network DR1
Original release 26 September 2010 –
10 March 2013

It is the series I caught on PBS. Gave me a much better understanding of European parliamentary systems than I ever had.
Posted by: kj
Date: June 27, 2021 08:24PM
My Scandinavian in-laws couldn't watch Occupied. It's a little too true, apparently. I liked the show. We also really liked Borgen. I can't imagine there will be any more seasons of the Bodyguard, since it's been so long. Keeley is awesome in the Durrells, so it was weird realizing it was her in the bodyguard, which we watched a long time ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 154
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020