Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
wiper blades
Posted by: Fritz
Date: July 02, 2021 07:27PM
talk about shredded.

2005 Accord. The last couple times we've been happy with Bosch Beam type (Icon ... I think) wiper blades. They last a long time unless one doesn't clean the bs or sap off the glass, then shred.

However, has anyone other beam blades they like for NE wear and tear (provided you do clean the bs and sap off the glass).?

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: wiper blades
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 02, 2021 08:49PM
Bosch Icons seems to be working well here.

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 02, 2021 09:22PM
Just put new Icons on the cars. They last and work well.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 02, 2021 09:27PM
I usually buy Rain-X blades, change them every fall as the sun tends to make them fall apart over the summer.

I bought some Michelin blades at WalMart in 2019, supposed to last two years. The passenger side one started getting stiff and skipping this spring.

Going back to Rain-X.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 02, 2021 10:03PM
[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2021 10:25PM by Dennis S.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 02, 2021 11:19PM
I was in AutoZone and blades were $29-31. Nfw. I get mine from Rock Auto or on sale at Costco.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 02, 2021 11:29PM
Rolando
I usually buy Rain-X blades, change them every fall as the sun tends to make them fall apart over the summer.

That's been my experience.

Rain-X work really well for about 6 months. Great up until then and then catastrophic failure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2021 10:19AM by Sarcany.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: July 03, 2021 05:44AM
Bosch Icons plus I 'polish' the glass & apply Rain-X Original Glass Treatment biannually.
16oz spray < $6 @ wallys & does front and rear glass six times!

Also only use Rain-X -20F 2-In-1 All-Season Washer Fluid in reservoir.
1-gallon $3 also @ wallys

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

Date: July 03, 2021 06:01AM
guess I'll stick with the Bosch, glad others are having the same exp.
I tried Rain-X years ago, before the Icons were out.
They are $$$, but it's amortized.
Worked well, but I'm lazy with that stuff. Perhaps I'll spend 30 mins and get an extra couple months.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 03, 2021 07:27AM
....how are your abs lookin'......???

....shredded.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: July 03, 2021 08:53AM
Bosch.

Clean your windshield before putting them on. Whenever you clean your windshield, last step is to wipe the blades. It does help.

Every year I try to polish the windshield with glass polish. It helps as well.
Posted by: wurm
Date: July 03, 2021 11:23AM
I'm really liking my Aero blades. What size you need? I bought the wrong size by mistake (26"/18") and I'm way past the return window so they're just sitting here waiting for a yard sale.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 03, 2021 01:03PM
MrNoBody
Bosch Icons plus I 'polish' the glass & apply Rain-X Original Glass Treatment biannually.
16oz spray < $6 @ wallys & does front and rear glass six times!

Also only use Rain-X -20F 2-In-1 All-Season Washer Fluid in reservoir.
1-gallon $3 also @ wallys

the Rain-X washer fluid is the way to go. And if you have a good coating of Rain-X, snow and ice don't stick to it nearly as bad after a storm.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Date: July 03, 2021 01:10PM
right size, but ours are destroyed. Gotta get new tmrw.

!#$@@$#!

Date: July 03, 2021 02:17PM
....blades......of....glory.....??

Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: July 03, 2021 04:30PM
Rolando

I bought some Michelin blades at WalMart in 2019, supposed to last two years. The passenger side one started getting stiff and skipping this spring.

Going back to Rain-X.

I've had much better luck with Michelin blades than Rolando, but we're in different parts of the country. My experience with Rain-X blades is the same- Good, but short-lived.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes
Date: July 03, 2021 06:44PM
.....can you.....wiper.....tears away.....???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 93
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020