advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
a bugaboo?!.....Bugatti car maker joins forces with Rimac, electric car maker......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 05, 2021 09:44PM
......for joint venture.....

Bugatti joins forces with electric hypercar maker Rimac

They'll share resources and expertise as part of a joint venture with Porsche called Bugatti Rimac.

....Electric hypercar company Rimac is taking control of Volkswagen’s supercar brand Bugatti as part of a joint venture with Porsche (which VW owns). Bugatti and Rimac will share resources and expertise but remain separate brands with their own production and distribution setups as part of the new company, which will be called Bugatti Rimac.

Once the joint venture is up and running, which is expected to happen later this year, Bugatti will be able to harness Rimac's EV knowhow and perhaps carry on its legacy of making electric vehicles. Rimac, meanwhile, can tap into the knowledge of Bugatti, which makes the second-fastest street-legal car on the planet in the Bugatti Veyron.

Rimac will own 55 percent of Bugatti Rimac and Porsche will hold the remainder. As of March, Porsche directly owns 24 percent of Rimac, following an initial investment for a 10 percent stake in 2018.

Meanwhile, the Rimac Group is creating a new company, Rimac Technology, to handle "development, production and supply of battery systems, drivetrains and other EV components."

Bugatti Rimac's headquarters will be in Zagreb, Croatia, where Rimac is based. A 200 million Euro ($237.3 million) Rimac Campus is scheduled to open in 2023 and it will be the research and development hub for both Rimac and Bugatti hypercars.

“We are combining Bugatti’s strong expertise in the hypercar business with Rimac’s tremendous innovative strength in the highly promising field of electromobility," Porsche CEO Oliver Blume said in a statement. "Bugatti is contributing a tradition-rich brand, iconic products, a loyal customer base and a global dealer network to the joint venture. In addition to technology, Rimac is contributing new development and organizational approaches.”

together.........for the first time......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: a bugaboo?!.....Bugatti car maker joins forces with Rimac, electric car maker......
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: July 06, 2021 07:31AM
So VW needed someone to teach them how build EVs that could compete with Tesla. They bought Matte Rimac’s brain for the price of Bugatti, a brand that matches with the Rimac HyperCar model. Rimac will then share their future tech with Porsche to help them get up to speed, so to speak. Porsche were able to hold their own against Tesla (using RIMAC’s drivetrain in the Porsche Taycan) for almost 12months, then Tesla lapped them.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Re: a bugaboo?!.....Bugatti car maker joins forces with Rimac, electric car maker......
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 06, 2021 08:17AM
It’s all about battery tech. Motors are easy.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: July 06, 2021 08:47AM
Rimac will own 55 percent of Bugatti Rimac and Porsche will hold the
remainder. As of March, Porsche directly owns 24 percent of Rimac,
following an initial investment for a 10 percent stake in 2018.

So Porsche (VW) maintains control of Bugatti? As Bugatti is a trivial
contributor to the group's sales volume, this looks like a smart move for Porsche (VW).

btw, I don't know anyone in the market for a $3M+ supercar, do you?

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: July 06, 2021 06:01PM
MrNoBody
Rimac will own 55 percent of Bugatti Rimac and Porsche will hold the
remainder. As of March, Porsche directly owns 24 percent of Rimac,
following an initial investment for a 10 percent stake in 2018.

So Porsche (VW) maintains control of Bugatti? As Bugatti is a trivial
contributor to the group's sales volume, this looks like a smart move for Porsche (VW).

btw, I don't know anyone in the market for a $3M+ supercar, do you?

Not personally, no. Also, VW/Porsche/Audi own Bentley and Lamborghini as well, so the Bugatti brand may have been dead weight anyway.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020