advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
does anyone have a handheld vac they like?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 06, 2021 10:56AM
We have a dustbuster that did a good job until the battery started failing. I'd replace the battery but it seems to be designed to prevent that - I can't get a screw driver head into the particularly narrow and long hole to remove the screw. Most handheld vacs have similar flaws. I looked at what DeWalt has to offer since I have their batteries but it seems to have it own set of flaws. I might stick with a broom until I find something satisfying.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: does anyone have a handheld vac they like?
Posted by: Robert M
Date: July 06, 2021 11:08AM
Matt,

I'll take a look at the model we have at home. It's very good. Has a removable battery and a variety of attachments including a brush roll. It might be a Hoover Air, which is an older model. It's served us very well for many years. Spare parts including batteries are readily available from Hoover directly. One of the reasons I like the brand.

Some of the better cordless stick vacuums also double as a hand vacuum. If you don't already have a good cordless stick vacuum, you might want to look into one since it can perform double-duty. The handheld we have was actually the vacuum part of a cordless stick vacuum that was being sold separately.

Robert
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 06, 2021 11:38AM
Looks like this is the current model - [www.amazon.com] - thumbs up for the removable battery!

Posted by: testcase
Date: July 06, 2021 11:58AM
IMO, ANY "hard wired", non replaceable rechargeable battery Is not worth buying. I switched from NiCad DeWalt tools to LiIon Milwaukee tools years ago and have NO buyers remorse. Milwaukee's M-18 hand held vac does a good job and, one battery lasts far longer than any hard wired vac I've ever seen (and is easily "swapped out" if you manage to run the battery down to empty). It is on the heavier side but, that's because it's build like a tank (build to be used on construction sites where rough handling is the norm). The filter is easily removed without tools. I've brushed debris out of said filter numerous times over the years and, the original HEPA filter still has a lot of life left. Many tool brands offer cordless vacuums. If you're already using Milwaukee, DeWalt, Makita, Ryobi etc, adding one of their handheld vacs is a no brainer.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: July 06, 2021 12:05PM
Matt,

Don't know a thing about it. Note, the ONEpwr system includes a slew of different components. Vacuum, blower, sprayer, stick vacs, cordless uprights, you name it. Might want to check out reviews before you drop the bucks on it. It's pricy and for a bit more you might be able to find a suitable 2 in 1 that'll do the same job.

And, Testcase raises a very good point. If you already have a cordless tool system, it may be worth seeing if there is a vacuum that works with the same batteries and such.

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2021 12:06PM by Robert M.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 06, 2021 12:20PM
......many here have a....handheld......but not a vac......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: d4
Date: July 06, 2021 12:44PM
I have a Dyson V6 absolute that converts from a stick vac to a handheld. One good thing about Dyson brand is that since they are so popular, there is no shortage of 3rd party replacement batteries when the time comes. The battery is secured to the unit with two easily accessible screws.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 06, 2021 12:46PM
I've got an older Ryobi One+ handheld that's similar to the Hoover above.

Removable battery, of course.

I'm happy with it.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 06, 2021 01:49PM
My son bought a Dyson V series. He didn't like it. I 'bought' it from him. We like it. Handy for little pickup jobs and the attachments are great. I haven't picked up my little Ryobi wet/dry 18V vacuum in.. years.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 142
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020