advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Have You Ever Had A Stalker/Secret Admirer?
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: July 08, 2021 02:38PM
Secret admirer on the low end, with stalker on the crazy high end.

I just was thinking about one time it happened to me back in the early 90's when I got back to work at GM after a nearly 3 year layoff. Times were tough, I went through a divorce during the layoff, had a mysterious illness with health insurance suspended during the layoff, and with 20% unemployed in Flint, MI (my hometown) finding work was a challenge.

I finally got rehired at the Buick engine plant, which was full of older workers due to the GM cutbacks. I hardly knew anyone there except for a few former coworkers from final assembly that got picked up at the engine plant, like myself.

I was trying to get my life back in order, settled with the ex, got my health insurance back and got treatment for "stress" related illness and I was working out like a fiend trying to get my health back. I was walking miles at work during my breaks, mountain biking, weight lifting, and exercising after work.

I then noticed after a few months working there, I would leave after a shift and find notes on the windshield of my truck every few days.

The notes were fairly tame, although always commenting how cute I looked and how she would like to meet me. Always signed "Your Mystery Lady" and the handwriting looked very feminine. I don't think it was a joke or prank, as no one ever mentioned it to me.

And no, I never did find out who it was! The notes stopped after a few months. Thousands of people worked at that complex, and I couldn't figure it out. She truly WAS a mystery lady!

So, anyone here have a similar story? Tell us YOUR brush with a stalker/admirer.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Have You Ever Had A Stalker/Secret Admirer?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 08, 2021 02:57PM

They keep sending me messages in my dreams... they say they are from Nigeria

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2021 03:07PM by Steve G..
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 08, 2021 03:02PM
....yes......the person ended up boiling my bunny.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: d4
Date: July 08, 2021 03:22PM

Posted by: space-time
Date: July 08, 2021 03:33PM
I don’t think so, at least I don’t have any evidence like you found on your windshield.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: July 08, 2021 03:37PM
Great story!

When ten other people and I rented 100 acres in the hills, there were five women and six men. There was a big house and a former community hall that had been converted to bedrooms. Sleeping arrangements were, uh shall we say, flexible. I started finding notes on my door that said, "Hi there, cowboy." Now I'm about as far as they come from the image of the cowboy: short, skinny, glasses, walk with a limp. one night there was a knock on my door and a woman's voice saying, "hey cowboy, are you awake?" It was the start of a beautiful friendship.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2021 03:53PM by lost in space.
Posted by: Todd's keyboard
Date: July 08, 2021 04:00PM
Juggling is usually the easiest way to live a life of obscurity. (I dare any of you to name a famous juggler.)

A few years after the Wall had come down, I was the juggling instructor at a circus school and had recently moved to an apartment in the former East Berlin. There was still a long wait to get a phone installed, and cell phones were just becoming popular, so I had no phone. My East-German students told me not to complain about the wait. The grew in families that sent postcards to people to let them know they would come visiting next Sunday.

One day, the mailman knocked on my door. He had purchased a book that explained some juggling variations and wanted to know if I could be his personal trainer for a while.

Todd's just-wants-to-left-alone board
Date: July 08, 2021 05:31PM
.......when baby got back......they swarm like flies.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2021 05:31PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 08, 2021 07:03PM
...wanna be a Cowboy, baby!
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: July 08, 2021 08:18PM
save a horse, ride a cowboy!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 08, 2021 09:37PM
Not me but my ex. Married in our early 20’s, divorced three years later. She went out on a date six months later with a guy from work with my same first name. She thought he was a flake so never went out with him again. But he would leave her notes on her car signed with his first name. She thought it was me. Then one day a cop called and asked if she knew the guy. He had killed himself and left a suicide note blaming her. She was really freaked out when she called me to tell me about it, also telling me she thought it had been me. I expressed my concern to her but was silently peeved she thought it was me.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: wurm
Date: July 08, 2021 10:30PM
Back in my DJ days I started getting cards regularly mailed to the station from a "fan". She signed them, so it was not a matter of a secret admirer per se. In fact, I saved them almost as evidence in case I ever needed them. She would come to remotes we did and send someone over with a note saying that she was there and just enjoying watching me do my thing and sometimes making a request. On one occasion I came out to my car in the station parking lot after I got off the air to find a rose under my wiper blade with a note attached. They were never threatening notes; in fact, very complimentary, but the fact that they came on a regular basis began to creep me out. My girlfriend at the time was mildly amused at first, then started getting a little concerned. Another reason I started keeping the evidence. Over time it just stopped, thankfully.

It was shortly thereafter that I first saw Play Misty For Me. smiling smiley
Posted by: testcase
Date: July 08, 2021 11:08PM
First year of college; a freshman female took a "liking" to me. She'd follow me around far more that would be considered normal. I was taking another coed to dinner and the hanger on started to "accompany" us. I was able to steer us down into the local subway where I "guided" said hanger on through the turnstile (I did insert a subway token) and announced that I thought her train was arriving. The coed and I continued on to dinner and the hanger on finally realized I had no romantic interest her. Shortly after that, said hanger on had attached herself to a senior who was an accounting major. I hope she and her accountant have a good life together.
Date: July 08, 2021 11:22PM
.......one stalker was.....celery....stalk......

Posted by: space-time
Date: July 09, 2021 06:31AM
Rick-o

I just was thinking about one time it happened to me back in the early 90's when I got back to work at GM after a nearly 3 year layoff. Times were tough, I went through a divorce during the layoff, had a mysterious illness with health insurance suspended during the layoff, and with 20% unemployed in Flint, MI (my hometown) finding work was a challenge.

I finally got rehired at the Buick engine plant, which was full of older workers due to the GM cutbacks. I hardly knew anyone there except for a few former coworkers from final assembly that got picked up at the engine plant, like myself.

I was trying to get my life back in order, settled with the ex, got my health insurance back and got treatment for "stress" related illness and I was working out like a fiend trying to get my health back. I was walking miles at work during my breaks, mountain biking, weight lifting, and exercising after work.

I then noticed after a few months working there, I would leave after a shift and find notes on the windshield of my truck every few days.

The notes were fairly tame, although always commenting how cute I looked and how she would like to meet me. Always signed "Your Mystery Lady" and the handwriting looked very feminine. I don't think it was a joke or prank, as no one ever mentioned it to me.

And no, I never did find out who it was! The notes stopped after a few months. Thousands of people worked at that complex, and I couldn't figure it out. She truly WAS a mystery lady!

So, anyone here have a similar story? Tell us YOUR brush with a stalker/admirer.

you should have left a note asking her to leaver her phone number
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: July 09, 2021 11:32AM
space-time
Rick-o

you should have left a note asking her to leaver her phone number

Perhaps. I think I believed it to be a joke at best, and kind of creepy if it turned out to be a stalking situation.

I don't remember enough of the details to say what I thought at the time. I probably was afraid of who it might be. smiley-shocked003

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Date: July 09, 2021 01:21PM
.....will hit it, then quit it.....they will then hit me.....and quit me.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2021 10:01PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: July 09, 2021 09:53PM
Just one that I'm aware of, back in high school. She bore a striking resemblance to the young lady in this video, with the same level of subtlety but mercifully for me slightly less determination-

[www.youtube.com]

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020