advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
does anyone have experience with these unlimited Verizon hot spots?
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 08, 2021 05:47PM
such as these

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: does anyone have experience with these unlimited Verizon hot spots?
Posted by: bobinmurphy
Date: July 08, 2021 06:19PM
If you use Spectrum/Charter for Internet at home you can get an unlimited plan for your cell that costs $45/mo. They run on the Verizon network and these plans include both voice and data with no restrictions on using the device as a hotspot. They include access to all their nationwide WiFI spots and 5G.
Posted by: hal
Date: July 08, 2021 06:23PM
the negative feedback that account has received is a little off-putting
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 08, 2021 06:25PM
bobinmurphy
If you use Spectrum/Charter for Internet at home you can get an unlimited plan for your cell that costs $45/mo. They run on the Verizon network and these plans include both voice and data with no restrictions on using the device as a hotspot. They include access to all their nationwide WiFI spots and 5G.

this is for someone who DOES NOT have broadband access
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 08, 2021 06:56PM
.....hot.....to trot.....????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: testcase
Date: July 08, 2021 10:44PM
I've had the Verizon MiFi jetPack (a Verizon 8800L) for over two years now. I paid in full for the jetPack up front ($200) and, there's a monthly fee of $20 / month (+tax) for 15GB of high speed data after which, the speed drops to something like 600 kbps. I routinely go through that 15GB in two days. 600kbps is OK to check email but piss poor for most other web centric things.

This seller says you'll be getting a "grandfathered" SIM and, that AFTER 60GB you CAN be subject to throttling. In the past, I understand that Verizon has gone after users who have purchased said "grandfathered" hardware and cancelled service. In my opinion, you'll be paying your money and taking your chances.
Posted by: Z
Date: July 09, 2021 12:21AM
If you’re asking about the MiFi, we purchased a 7730 for use at the cabin as the ATT reception on our phones is spotty and if a bunch of people are in town the ATT service can get maxed out. The MiFi has worked well for our needs.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: July 09, 2021 01:38AM
I know someone that took an old Verizon capable iPad, signed it up for an unlimited tablet plan, which was a $20 on their plan. Then the SIM card gets moved to a 4g/WiFi router. Then used some editing software to change the IMEI on the router to match the IMEI on the iPad. It works great for him.

That would not work at all for me. Verizon is the best service around here, but at my house, we have one bar of service and generally have to rely on WiFi calling.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020