advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
The Worst Burger-or a Rare Treat? the Texas Double Whopper at Burger King!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 10, 2021 08:29PM

made with love...and pride!

But when are they going to have Buy One Get One Free?

Burger King Texas Double Whopper YUM!

According to Diana Gariglio-Clelland, RD, a registered dietitian with NextLuxury.com, the Texas Double Whopper takes the proverbial cake when it comes to being a bad burger choice.

"The Texas Double Whopper has 1,876 calories, the majority of most people's daily calorie needs in a single meal," says Gariglio-Clelland. "It also contains 51 grams of saturated fat, more than twice the amount recommended for an entire day. It also has over 3,000 milligrams of sodium, also over 100% of the daily recommended amount."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The Worst Burger-or a Rare Treat? the Texas Double Whopper at Burger King!
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: July 10, 2021 08:50PM
Ehhh... If Burger King still flame-broiled their patties on demand like they used to instead of microwaving pre-cooked ones like they do now, maybe I'd try one, but without the onions and jalapeños. Even so, I can think of much more satisfying if not necessarily more nutritious ways of spending that many calories, that much sodium, and that much fat, beginning with pasta.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 11, 2021 06:20AM
And that calorie count doesn’t even include the fries.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 11, 2021 10:12AM
If they had that in junior size I might consider it! "Why do wanna fill up on bread?"

Double Meat Whataburger Jr. (w/ Cheese)
Two 100% pure American beef patties cooked fresh to order and topped with cheese. It's the double meat Whataburger for smaller appetites that still crave big flavor. Add apples and a diet drink for only 30 calories more.
Calories:

Carbs (g):

Fat (g):

Protein (g):

Sodium (mg):

Sugar (g):

Fiber (g):

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 12, 2021 03:42AM
I haven't had a Burger King Whopper in ages, as none are near conveniently located near me.

But I'd try that in a heartbeat.

Maybe I'll make a trip to see how they taste now.

Certainly not daily lunch fare, but a Whopper was always a great change of pace in the fast food rotation.

Their fries were ok, but nothing to write home about.

Better than In-n-Out's fries, though.

Even Animal style doesn't improve the experience.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 12, 2021 10:16AM

Certainly not daily lunch fare, but a Whopper was always a great change of pace in the fast food rotation

Have you thought of donating your body to science? You know, when you are done with it.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 12, 2021 04:20PM
LOL!

I know one day it will catch up with me, but my friends always ask how is it possible it hasn't already?!

If I start eating healthy now, my body may revolt.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020