advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Where to find Franz Klammer 1976 Innsbruck downhill video?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 21, 2021 08:34PM
Frank Gifford called the race for ABC. I think it is the most exciting Olympics event I've ever seen.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Where to find Franz Klammer 1976 Innsbruck downhill video?
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 21, 2021 08:38PM
[youtu.be]

? [youtu.be] ?

? [youtu.be] ?

[youtu.be]
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 21, 2021 08:56PM
Thanks - I've seen all those. I'm hoping to find the original ABC recording of it. YouTube used to have it.
Posted by: DP
Date: July 22, 2021 07:33AM
I remember it quite clearly. A classic demonstration of throwing all caution to the wind and going all out in a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be the best in the world and achieving it!

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: July 22, 2021 09:04AM
I'd be interested in seeing this too if someone can find it.

Grateful11
Posted by: Buzz
Date: July 22, 2021 11:37AM
Right next to Jean-Claude Killy 1968 Grenoble video on the "Great Ski Videos" shelf....
==
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 22, 2021 11:45AM
Embargoed by the International Olympic Committee in the name of global unity and $port.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 22, 2021 11:56AM
Not being familiar with it, and going by DP's description
A classic demonstration of throwing all caution to the wind and going all out in a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be the best in the world and achieving it!

I was expecting the wipe out from the Wide World of Sports "Agony of defeat" intro!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: DP
Date: July 22, 2021 08:35PM
A classic demonstration of throwing all caution to the wind and going all out in a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be the best in the world and achieving it!

I was expecting the wipe out from the Wide World of Sports "Agony of defeat" intro!

He very nearly wiped out God knows how many times but managed to stay on his skis. I just remember it being pretty damn cool. Almost made me want to do the Olympic downhill!

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: August West
Date: July 23, 2021 10:20AM
Following...

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Posted by: Grateful11
Date: July 23, 2021 11:03PM
Rolando

You mean this?
VINKO BOGATAJ AGONY OF DEFEAT WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS
[www.youtube.com]

Grateful11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020