advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
data recovery prices. Anyone with experience?
Posted by: Spiff
Date: July 26, 2021 05:41PM
Long story short, got caught in my shorts (they weren't down) at the beach with my iphone x in my pocket. A wave hit the lower part of my shorts. No biggie. The phone handled it. I even took pics with it on my walk. I did not get it wet again. However, back at the beach house it would not start up. Kept flashing the logo screen off and on. I thought - no worries. I got backups. Um. Backup from April of this year. Doh! Lots of beach pics on it and other pics that I now don't have.

Called around and found a company in wrightsville, nc (Thats where I was at). Well, the phone had to be shipped off to Cleveland to be opened up and looked at. I was told that the cost was going to be $400 and up. OK, I thought, bad but not horrible.

I get the diagnostics today. Connectors broken (not sure how, but they were as I could not charge the phone or read anything from it, even in recovery mode). To get the data off the phone, it will cost me $1300!!! Insane, considering they told me it started from $400, which is not even an option on their data recovery price list.

Is this standard pricing? Anyone with experience from other data recovery companies? Thanks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: data recovery prices. Anyone with experience?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 26, 2021 06:12PM
It sounds a little expensive, but having a facility that is close/quick/competent will drive the price up.

Jessa Jones runs iPadRehab. You can get an estimate by starting to submit a ticket.
https: //www.ipadrehab.com/index.cfm?Page=Start-a-Repair

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 26, 2021 06:21PM
$800 and up is not unusual. Could easily hit $1200-$1400, so the final estimate is in the right ballpark.

I've heard of some people getting professional recovery for as little as $600, but $400 is very very cheap as these things go. What were they promising for $400?

...I'd have just called DriveSavers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2021 06:22PM by Sarcany.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: July 26, 2021 07:50PM
Was it not automatically backing up to iCloud?
Was iCloud photos turned on?
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 26, 2021 08:29PM
Next time, don't jam your crab fork in the charging port. I don't know what you were thinking. Some people. Sheesh.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 26, 2021 11:41PM
Makes iCloud backups seem really cheap.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 27, 2021 05:57AM
Ouch! Spiff, good luck.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020