advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Mahjong players here? What rules do you play to?
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: July 28, 2021 01:12PM
I have a nice set of Mahjong tiles, nothing super fancy but they have a good feel to them. Over a decade ago, a friend of mine taught a handful of our friends how to play, we had lots of fun playing that game for quite awhile. Here over a decade later, I pulled that game down to teach some other friends. So, went to the internet to refresh my memory on the rules. OMG! I didn’t realize that there are so many versions. After researching bunch of sites, I see that he taught us the Filipino version, best as I can tell from comparing my memory to websites.

After visiting many sites like the link below, I have slowly been exposed to the different versions of the game, some versions look more complex than others. I got to wondering how many people here play the game and what version do you play. If you have any cool website links, feel free to share them.

[www.coololdgames.com]

My set has the following tiles:

36 Characters
36 Dots
36 Bamboo
16 Winds
12 Dragons
8 Flowers (I guess 4 of them might be considered seasons?)
4 Blanks (not sure what to do with these, I don’t think we used them before)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2021 06:19PM by SKYLANE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mahjong players here? What rules do you play to?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 28, 2021 01:20PM
.....did not know there were different version.....have only played one version....which I assume is the chinese version......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Mahjong players here? What rules do you play to?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: July 28, 2021 01:45PM
Only have virtual Mahjong, so changing sets and games is like Tinder for Tiles.... swipe, click, play....

or so I would assume, based upon my understanding of Tinder, though not thru any personal use.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020