advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bloom County saga continues.....
Posted by: Golfer
Date: July 30, 2021 05:45PM
After 25 years, mail drop at Calvin’s hideout. End of our story… but beginning another, I want to think. The Days, as they say, Will Be Packed. -bb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2021 06:09PM by Golfer.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bloom County saga continues.....
Posted by: DP
Date: July 31, 2021 08:35AM
You know, if BB and Watterson are going to continue this, I'd like to see the rest of the cast...

A throwback image to celebrate Autumn.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: July 31, 2021 10:58AM
I’m going to fess up.

I was…disappointed in the Calvin reveal.

It’s okay, but somehow I was expecting something that, I dunno, hit home more? Not as grounded in complete fantasy, but maybe showed a Calvin now a grown guy, but still with his spirit of making the everyday world into much more than the everyday world.

A librarian getting some National award for promoting literacy? Or, more grandiose, an Elon Musk type (minus the obnoxiousness) feet up on his desk, his top researcher, Susie Derkins, giving him the latest on their EV, Hobbes of course prominent in the background.

And on Calvin’s iPad, a rendering of his someday soon real rocket ship.

You get the idea. Calvin, still Calvin. Still doing Calvin things, just bigger things and a bigger Calvin. big grin smiley

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: July 31, 2021 11:50AM
It was an interesting decision, considering everybody in Bloom County emerged from their own hiatus the same age as when Breathed originally hung up his pencils.

I can't say I'd be interested in a Watterson continuation with an adult Calvin, and I doubt BW would be either...
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 31, 2021 01:10PM
Blankity Blank
I’m going to fess up.

I was…disappointed in the Calvin reveal.

It’s okay, but somehow I was expecting something that, I dunno, hit home more? Not as grounded in complete fantasy, but maybe showed a Calvin now a grown guy, but still with his spirit of making the everyday world into much more than the everyday world.

A librarian getting some National award for promoting literacy? Or, more grandiose, an Elon Musk type (minus the obnoxiousness) feet up on his desk, his top researcher, Susie Derkins, giving him the latest on their EV, Hobbes of course prominent in the background.

And on Calvin’s iPad, a rendering of his someday soon real rocket ship.

You get the idea. Calvin, still Calvin. Still doing Calvin things, just bigger things and a bigger Calvin. big grin smiley

A Walter Mitty
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 31, 2021 02:04PM
Blankity Blank
his top researcher, Susie Derkins, giving him the latest on their EV

So, she did get her master's degree?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 31, 2021 02:35PM
Blankity Blank
It’s okay, but somehow I was expecting something that, I dunno, hit home more?

...A librarian getting some National award for promoting literacy? Or, more grandiose, an Elon Musk type (minus the obnoxiousness) feet up on his desk, his top researcher, Susie Derkins, giving him the latest on their EV, Hobbes of course prominent in the background.

He was a "D" student and was socially awkward.

After 9 years of on-again-off-again attendance, he finally got a degree in Anthropology from the local liberal arts college. He is currently living in his parents' basement. His favorite occupation is bashing "real housewives." He goes out occasionally to drive for DoorDash. He smokes a lot of pot.

Susie Derkins took 4 simultaneous Masters programs and got her Ph.D. in chemical engineering before her 25th birthday. She's independently wealthy by virtue of a series of patents on the tech that broke the 2nm chip barrier. She rolled the money from her EV battery startup (which was bought out by Tesla for their Australian Megapack power contract) and used it to finance her run for governor, which she won by a landslide. She is eying a run for the White House in 2024.

...Or he recycles junk into flying cars and she's the bass player in his band.

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 31, 2021 03:27PM
Sarcany
...Or he recycles junk into flying cars and she's the bass player in his band.

Yes, much better.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 79
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020