advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
anyone had experience with knee tendon repair?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 30, 2021 06:48PM
The Mrs. tore her Patellar Tendon and will be undergoing reconstructive surgery. What can we expect? how long for recovery? anything would be welcomed.

and yes, this is the same Mrs. who was in a car accident in October, hospitalized for three weeks with Covid in November, assaulted by a student in April receiving a stage 3 concussion, and found out that covid shut down her pancreas in May... This year has truly and unquestionably sucked for her.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: anyone had experience with knee tendon repair?
Posted by: p8712
Date: July 30, 2021 07:15PM
Don't know much about that particular surgery other than it's easier than a knee replacement to recover from.

Best of luck to her. She needs a rabbit's foot.
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 30, 2021 08:24PM
Damn, she has had a rough year.
I am sure it hasn’t been a piece of cake for you either.
I hope things look up really soon.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Ammo
Date: July 30, 2021 08:59PM
What rgG said.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 30, 2021 11:10PM
Don't know much about that particular surgery other than it's easier than a knee replacement to recover from.

I suppose it depends on where it's done but knee replacements have changed, I was in the recovery room fully expecting to take a nap. The surgeon came in asked how I was doing and then ordered me out of bed and on my feet and out the door. 10 weeks of PT were called for but never needed more than 2.
Posted by: Diana
Date: July 31, 2021 12:12AM
Not tendon repair, but patellofemoral replacement, where the knee cap (patella) is misaligned or otherwise needing repair as it doesn’t align or function as needed. A bit invasive, you could say, but not as bad as a full knee replacement. That was a possibility when the surgeon did my knee. Six to eight weeks recovery before returning to work. Overnight stay in the hospital, only long enough to make sure that things worked properly. I’m looking at getting the other knee done sometime by the end of the year (hopefully).

A friend of mine had (I think) tendon repair and she was out a couple of weeks before returning to work.

It all depends on how much work needs done and how well you respond to the treatment.

Diana
Posted by: DP
Date: July 31, 2021 06:31AM
assaulted by a student in April receiving a stage 3 concussion

And I hope that was dealt with in an appropriate manner...

A throwback image to celebrate Autumn.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: p8712
Date: July 31, 2021 07:26AM
RgrF

I suppose it depends on where it's done but knee replacements have changed, I was in the recovery room fully expecting to take a nap. The surgeon came in asked how I was doing and then ordered me out of bed and on my feet and out the door. 10 weeks of PT were called for but never needed more than 2.

Total knee or partial? Glad you had an easy time of it!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 31, 2021 08:14AM
DP
assaulted by a student in April receiving a stage 3 concussion

And I hope that was dealt with in an appropriate manner...

The girl thinks it was very appropriate, we believe otherwise.

The court assigned her to a juvenile intervention program and said to pay restitution (we are out $1200 and was told she has until she turns 18 to pay (she is 16). If she fails to pay, her charge will not be expunged. She withdrew from school, so it cannot do anything unless she reenrolls.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 31, 2021 08:41AM
Best wishes to both of you.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 31, 2021 01:07PM
p8712
RgrF

Total knee or partial? Glad you had an easy time of it!

Total. Twice actually. The first succumbed to a MERSA infection a few years later and so was replaced with a custom job fashioned by the head of USC/Keck MC's Ortho Knee Replacement Division.

He was a no nonsense guy, had me on my feet as soon as I woke and sent me on my way with a PT prescription and less than 2 days of pain meds.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 31, 2021 02:23PM
.....can't be objective......braised beef tendon is my favorite.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020