Date: August 04, 2021 01:07PM
Just sayin'

28% of the OPs

devil smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Welcome to the NewtonMP2100 Show
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 04, 2021 01:09PM

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2021 08:43PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 04, 2021 01:12PM
Do we really need to know everything???
Posted by: mikebw
Date: August 04, 2021 01:16PM
Big news day I guess, that or a slow one.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 04, 2021 02:14PM
NewtonMP2100
.....at least I'm trying to fill the board with content.....how many posts have you made.....???

.....just sayin'......

Is there a daily MROP*? I didn't get the memo. smiley-chores015

*Minimum Required Original Posts
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 04, 2021 02:34PM
Maybe a summary thread would be useful.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: August 04, 2021 02:53PM
It is tiring.

> *Minimum Required Original Posts

I sometimes wish we had a maximum allowed posts per day. It would reduce a lot of the dreck, afaic.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: August 04, 2021 03:21PM
smiley-music039

smiley-laughing001 smiley12
jest smileyROTFL

popcorn smiley
Posted by: graylocks
Date: August 04, 2021 03:22PM
and not to be unexpected, a typical response.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: hal
Date: August 04, 2021 03:22PM
someone is having a pouty day today...
Posted by: jdc
Date: August 04, 2021 03:24PM
Rick-o
It is tiring.

> *Minimum Required Original Posts

I sometimes wish we had a maximum allowed posts per day. It would reduce a lot of the dreck, afaic.

pfft, there are never more than.. what, like 20 posts in a day?

hardly a "running out of control" problem.

If anything, its the opposite.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: August 04, 2021 03:24PM
My effing Crohn's disease is no bueno today, so I am definitely pouty. Or maybe poopy...

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 04, 2021 03:30PM
I…like…what…he.shows…me…
Posted by: Michael
Date: August 04, 2021 03:30PM
I like them. Newt's posts have kept me up with a number of things. And things I don't care about I don't click. Of course, if it bothered me enough I'd put Newt on ignore. I haven't done that.
Posted by: Diana
Date: August 04, 2021 03:34PM
Michael
I like them. Newt's posts have kept me up with a number of things. And things I don't care about I don't click. Of course, if it bothered me enough I'd put Newt on ignore. I haven't done that.

Agreed.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: August 04, 2021 03:40PM
Mostly Harmless.

And really, isn't that enough?
Posted by: Acer
Date: August 04, 2021 03:44PM
When it comes to commenting on the posting style of others, I try to follow the Thumper rule.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 04, 2021 03:51PM
Diana
Michael

Agreed.

Agreed. And now they are all gone, too bad. Those that had replies included the original thread titles so I knew what they were about.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: mrp-admin
Date: August 04, 2021 03:54PM
FYI, per request, all posts on the front page have been removed as you all probably noticed.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: August 04, 2021 03:55PM
My dust bin has a lot of similar content.
NewtonMP2100
.....at least I'm trying to fill the board with content.....how many posts have you made.....???

.....just sayin'......

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Posted by: btfc
Date: August 04, 2021 03:59PM
Diana
Michael

Agreed.

Me too.
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 04, 2021 04:07PM
Hang in there Newt!
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: August 04, 2021 04:09PM
So, then, right when we're talking about how there's not enough new posts, some are going to dogpile Newt and the frequency of posting? I don't understand.

#TeamNewt

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)
TETO (To Each Their Own)

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: jdc
Date: August 04, 2021 04:14PM
mrp-admin
FYI, per request, all posts on the front page have been removed as you all probably noticed.

Hope is was Newts request -- cause shes great. 99.9% of the time.

If it was someone else's request.... pfft. lame.

Acer
When it comes to commenting on the posting style of others, I try to follow the Thumper rule.

well, that's not really how things work. And "nice" isn't always the same as correcting, or giving an opposite view,

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: August 04, 2021 04:34PM
mrp-admin

… there were 8 o so lines, and at 3:00pm the author changed their title lines to periods.
It looked like if someone had taken a shotgun to the forum…
A real LOL moment, although maybe you had to be there.

//Note to self, in case I research for my memories//
Posted by: graylocks
Date: August 04, 2021 04:37PM
Zoidberg
So, then, right when we're talking about how there's not enough new posts, some are going to dogpile Newt and the frequency of posting? I don't understand.

#TeamNewt

Newt's news post are fine with me and if the subject doesn't interest me I don't read. However, I find it annoying when I click for a follow up post only to find it's another poor pun that does not advance the conversation. It wastes my time. Thus, I do have Newt on ignore and that's unfortunate because she actually does make interesting on-topic points on the other side from time to time.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: August 04, 2021 05:46PM
graylocks
and not to be unexpected, a typical response.

......this from someone who talks about her son's sex life in pubic forum.....have you heard of google.......????

.....things posted here come up relatively high on a search it isn't that hard to find out who you really are......by the way.....you were the one complaining about a header being too long.....because it was inconvenient for your phone.......that sounds like a 'Karen' thing to do.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2021 08:44PM by NewtonMP2100.
Date: August 04, 2021 05:49PM
modelamac
My dust bin has a lot of similar content.
NewtonMP2100

.....just sayin'......

......so does your mouth....do you listen to the stuff that comes out of it.....???

.....most can be thrown in the trash and you wouldn't dare say to someone to their face........no one really cares about your out dated opinions.....if people wanted to hear it, you wouldn't be here but actually talking to real people.......

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 04, 2021 05:53PM
Alright, newt, I think you have most of us in your corner, don't go off and ruin the good will.
Date: August 04, 2021 05:54PM
graylocks
Zoidberg

#TeamNewt

Newt's news post are fine with me and if the subject doesn't interest me I don't read. However, I find it annoying when I click for a follow up post only to find it's another poor pun that does not advance the conversation. It wastes my time. Thus, I do have Newt on ignore and that's unfortunate because she actually does make interesting on-topic points on the other side from time to time.

.....I think you are the type of person that want everyone to be like you.....you give disapproving looks at anyone not like you......then you act like you are all above it all.........it must get lonely high up there on your pedestal with us down here below among the muck.......you are the worst because some people are who they are......you think you are better than everyone else.....pffft.....!!!

Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 04, 2021 06:57PM
mrp-admin

Maybe shouldn't say this but I cant recall the last time I visited the front page.
Date: August 04, 2021 07:18PM
hal
someone is having a pouty day today...

......you just saying that is you pouting.....ironic......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2021 08:45PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 04, 2021 07:48PM
mrbigstuff
Alright, newt, I think you have most of us in your corner, don't go off and ruin the good will.

Oh, did you not read the post a week or two ago where she accused me and others of being capable of rape? That was a hoot.

It is what it is.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 04, 2021 07:49PM
RgrF
mrp-admin

Maybe shouldn't say this but I cant recall the last time I visited the front page.

So you come in through the bathroom window?

It is what it is.
Date: August 04, 2021 07:59PM
N-OS X-tasy!
mrbigstuff

Oh, did you not read the post a week or two ago where she accused me and others of being capable of rape? That was a hoot.

......yeh, that stuff is funny for your 'type' of person......Cuomo and Weinstein and every frat boy every caught says the same thing.........'I didn't do it'......'they wanted it'.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2021 08:46PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 04, 2021 08:05PM
N-OS X-tasy!
mrbigstuff

Look. Just do your thing. Everybody isn't going to like what everybody does. That's not your problem. People are free to skip your posts or "ignore" you if that's a problem.

We need to continue to have a forum where people can openly share their lives without others putting them on blast.

I'm not saying that people can't complain about one another. Nobody is above criticism. That wasn't cool putting graylocks on blast like that. She's a really really really good person. So are you.

In this forum, we're each other confidants. We can express things here that we can't express elsewhere. Even amongst our families. Because, here, we listen to each other. We "hear" each other. Quite often, we need each other.

No matter what happens, I always consider every single person on this forum my friend. Even if we have strong debates. We gotta keep it love. I feel grateful that I'm tolerated.

Peace out
Date: August 04, 2021 08:09PM
mrbigstuff

....what good will.....???

.....repeatedly one person will single me out.....then others will pile on top...one after another.....I don't know about you but there is one thing worse than kicking a person down.....it is kicking a person when they are already down......

.....when I see some one being torn apart, I was taught not to join in even if I did not like the person......a good person does not do that.....I have never kicked person when he/she is down.......most in the forum can not say the same.......unfortunately......

Posted by: space-time
Date: August 04, 2021 08:18PM
vision63
N-OS X-tasy!
mrbigstuff

Look. Just do your thing. Everybody isn't going to like what everybody does. That's not your problem. People are free to skip your posts or "ignore" you if that's a problem.

We need to continue to have a forum where people can openly share their lives without others putting them on blast.

I'm not saying that people can't complain about one another. Nobody is above criticism. That wasn't cool putting graylocks on blast like that. She's a really really really good person. So are you.

In this forum, we're each other confidants. We can express things here that we can't express elsewhere. Even amongst our families. Because, here, we listen to each other. We "hear" each other. Quite often, we need each other.

No matter what happens, I always consider every single person on this forum my friend. Even if we have strong debates. We gotta keep it love. I feel grateful that I'm tolerated.

Peace out

very well said. Thank you
Date: August 04, 2021 08:39PM
....yeah but that isn't true.....I've never put down any of those people or talked negatively about any of them, yet they repeated tear me down.....

.....even passive aggressively.....when someone say 'typical response'.....I don't think those words come from a good person....coming from a good place.......what you mean is she is a good person to you....but she treats others like trash......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2021 08:41PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 04, 2021 08:40PM
Momma's boy? Really? Do I talk about my mom that much here?

I can't say that I take it as an insult even though that was clearly your intention.

It's been a while since someone has been banned for insulting other posters. You've been around here long enough to know that this is how it happens. Just keep right on insulting your fellow forumites and you can be the latest.
Date: August 04, 2021 08:42PM
....uh, you just insulted me first [ I guess you forgot about that ].....and you are chastising me for insulting.....you back.....???

.....pot calling the kettle black....

Posted by: mrp-admin
Date: August 04, 2021 09:05PM
Ok everyone, cool it. This has been a LONG time coming. Steam has been blown off, and seriously, as everyone keeps saying, if you don't like somebody's post - click the IGNORE THIS USER button.

If you don't like Newt's posts - so be it, you won't see them this way. The majority of the members here DO like her posts.

Locking this thread. Keep it civil, please.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH smiling smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020