advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Decoupled my Apple Watch to update the Watch OS and that's where the trouble began
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: August 04, 2021 01:51PM
The Apple Watch 3 will not update to the latest Watch OS. It downloaded a few MB and stopped. I have tried to download several times and no further progress. Now I cannot couple the watch with mu XS Max manually or the view through camera lens "automagic" coupling.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Decoupled my Apple Watch to update the Watch OS and that's where the trouble began
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 04, 2021 01:52PM
.....so this was.......'un-conscious uncoupling'.....????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Decoupled my Apple Watch to update the Watch OS and that's where the trouble began
Posted by: archipirata
Date: August 04, 2021 02:21PM
My series 3 got stuck in a half-updated state a while ago. I remember that I had to do a full reset (factory) on the watch then start the full process from scratch.

Don't know if it will fix yours but worked for me.

-Head to Settings on your Apple Watch
-Tap General
-Swipe down to the bottom and tap Reset
-Tap Erase All Content and Settings
-If you’re using a passcode, enter it when prompted
-Swipe down and choose Erase All or Erase All & Keep Plan if you have a cellular watch

Athens, OH
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: August 04, 2021 03:21PM
I decided to just keep my Series 3 watch at WatchOS 7.4.1 because of the hassle it took to get to 7.4.

I'm not sure how it happened, but it was able to update itself to 7.4.1 all by itself.

I'm hoping to see some good deals on a Series 6 when the Series 7 is released, unless the Series 7 has the "make it snow now" weather modification feature.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: August 05, 2021 03:22PM
We solved wife's AW 3 update problem. We upgraded her watch to the SE. Problem solved!

Asheville, NC Area
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020