Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bunny caught!
Posted by: PeterB
Date: August 05, 2021 08:54AM
Followup to this post: [forums.macresource.com]

... the bunny had been in my backyard for a few days now at least, I had been giving some veggies and water, and it was apparent that this was someone's escaped pet. I posted about it on Nextdoor and it was pointed out that it likely wouldn't survive in the heat. Someone volunteered to come trap the bun, and she caught it literally within half an hour of coming here. (Probably the bun was super-hungry, and was at least a bit friendly, as you can see from the photos below... he/she wouldn't let me come close, but did seem interested to see what I was about.)

The bun is now at the SPCA and will get vetted and then put up for adoption.

Pics of the wascally wabbit:

... and now in his/her little bunny jail at the SPCA:

I hope she/he finds a good home... I couldn't provide one myself, I already have too many mouths to feed! emoticon-animal-022 hamster dance bunny smiley

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bunny caught!
Posted by: datbeme
Date: August 05, 2021 09:04AM
All right. I get it now. That's a Cadbury bunny. I tend to think of the regular brown rabbits that are as common in my yard as birds and squirrels.
Date: August 05, 2021 09:08AM
The problem is (as I mentioned in the other post), there's likely more than just the one around, though I don't know if the other one I saw was wild or someone's pet.

I went ahead and bought a trail cam on the recommendation of folks here, so that might also be informative.

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 05, 2021 09:23AM
I'm surprised nothing had him for lunch. Domesticated bunnies don't have camo or hiding instincts. He must have a Lucky Rabbit's Foot.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: August 05, 2021 09:46AM
Good to hear the wascal is safe.

Meanwhile, Darius is still missing in the UK!
pRICE's post from April 13.

Cruel trolls send owner of world's longest rabbit who was stolen
on wild goose chase

[www.mirror.co.uk]

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Date: August 05, 2021 10:23AM
Ombligo
I'm surprised nothing had him for lunch. Domesticated bunnies don't have camo or hiding instincts. He must have a Lucky Rabbit's Foot.

His/her being in my backyard was probably not a coincidence ... not too much can get in there from the back because of fencing, and so far my trail cam has only picked up (besides him/her) some possums, who of course normally wouldn't be coming out at night. This bun was out during the daytime, making me think that he/she must have been hiding under my house when not in view. When he/she came out, I noticed it was to drink rainwater and of course the food/water I was providing, but he/she was also munching on a bunch of my weeds...

And what you've said also makes me wonder if the brown one was also someone's escaped pet, because although that one was a lot more skittish than the white one, he didn't run away fast when seeing me.

Posted by: neophyte
Date: August 05, 2021 11:20AM
New Zealand White? Medical University escapee?
Posted by: hal
Date: August 05, 2021 11:31AM
cute bunny - hope he/she finds a nice home
Posted by: Buzz
Date: August 05, 2021 01:33PM
The wild bunnies in AZ, at least in the nicer parts of town, are human tolerant, if not downright friendly when you offer up yummy treats for them. Some were more daring than others, and would eat out of your hand and let you pet them while they ate, while the more timid ones would wait until you put the food down, and insisted on maintaining a safe distance of a few feet.

In other parts of town, they'd stay pretty far away, and didn't seem to trust humans much. I'm just kinda curious as to why there isn't a "bunny grapevine" to let the bunnies know where the good eats, and friendly humans are.

I know it's similar wherever bunnies are, it's just that AZ's desert setting makes it easier to see the bunnies.

Sure hope Darius is OK, and that Cadbury finds a "forever" home.
==
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: August 05, 2021 01:51PM
That's someone's pet. Or was.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Date: August 05, 2021 03:27PM
neophyte
New Zealand White? Medical University escapee?

Around here, it's far more likely that some dumbass said, "let's buy some rabbits", and then either intentionally let them out ("wouldn't it be cute if they were hopping around"), or simply didn't lock their cages or whatever, and they escaped, and then never reported them missing. I have one particular neighbor of whom I'm suspicious of such behavior, because they have a dog that they just let roam around on a very long leash (when it IS leashed), let the dog go on peoples' property without picking up after the dog, throw trash on the property, etc. On one occasion, I also have them on video hitting the dog. There are also quite a few folks here who flaunt the laws, so far as having unusual or exotic pets... across the street from the ones with the dog are a couple with roosters and hens... roosters are illegal in the city.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2021 03:27PM by PeterB.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 07, 2021 12:59AM
I wish that woman's giant rabbit had been found, and return healthy, but apparently thinks it's already dead.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 73
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020