advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
sausage and eggs for breakfast
Posted by: Fritz
Date: August 05, 2021 11:25AM
a few years back, say 30, I was doing a job in Philadelphia.
Across from our hotel was the Reading Terminal Market.
As I was not in the habit of hotel breakfast, I ventured the Reading Market in search of breakfast.

I don't recall the vendor and don't know if they are still there, but I had sausage and eggs on a fresh ciabatta or the like.

Every now and then, when I remember to defrost some sausage, I make sausage and eggs for breakfast. I augment it with sauteed onions and shrooms.
Today was that day. Unfortunately, the sausage I had was sweet, so I added some Aleppo heat to the mixture.

Yum.

Back to twiddling my thumbs.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: sausage and eggs for breakfast
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: August 05, 2021 11:49AM
Quincy Market’s Clam Chowder poured inside bread made such an impression for me.
Every once in a while I get the goods to replicate at home. Yummy even with Campbells’.

//back to yodeling//
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 05, 2021 02:35PM
That's some quality eatin' boys.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 05, 2021 02:40PM
I love the Reading Terminal Market. If I lived in Philly I would be there all the time.

Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: August 05, 2021 04:14PM
Is that the place that used to be a train station, right across from the convention center? I was once at an Endocrine Society meeting and went to the giant market pretty much every day I was there.

We have a place in Los Angeles called the Farmers' Market which is sort of similar, in that it has lots of small concessions where you can get everything from food to drink to toys. The new Grove was developed right next door, and you can find an Apple store in the Grove. We also used to have a similar place in the harbor called Ports O' Call, but it has been torn down in anticipation of a replacement. No replacement after two years.

PS: I also remember a Dave & Busters in a converted pier structure on the river. It was the closest place to my hotel so I used to go there for dinner.
Posted by: jdc
Date: August 05, 2021 04:37PM
wife baked bacon this morning (the only way we make it now) and then made egg paninis with it... so good. red/green peppers, onion, cheddar, sliced avacado on sliced sourdough...

We used to drive over the bridge from Lakewood to go to Ports o Call, my mom had someplace she loved for lunch... then up the hill to my uncles house in PV for visiting.

SF has the Ferry building, which really was a ferry building back in the late 1800s before the bay bridge... photos are cool if you google them up... but all the places cater to tourists and prices are insane... even for SF. [www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com]

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020