The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bike accident update
Posted by: cyclemax
Date: August 06, 2021 05:28PM
Followup to this topic
MacResource

Picked up my bike today from the Police. Can't see any noticeable damage. Unfortunately, the Bike computer mounted on the handlebar is missing. I know for a fact that it was on there because it came off in the crash and I put it back on the mount while waiting for the paramedics and saw that it still was there when they leaned it against the construction barrel before we left for the hospital. I don't know how long the bike sat there before they picked it up. Seems to me if someone came by they wouldn't just take that and leave the bike. There were other items on the bike that could be easily taken that were still there. They are going to check with the officer who picked it up to see if it came off in his vehicle. It does come off the mount easily with just a 90 degree twist.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bike accident update
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: August 06, 2021 05:45PM
Again, we're happy to have any member of the form in one piece after a bike accident!

We can take up a collection for a new bike computer...

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: mattkime
Date: August 06, 2021 05:45PM
ug, annoying

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 06, 2021 05:52PM
Best news isb that you are ok.

I would not ascribe any ill intent, it could have fallen off, I'm sure they were not all that gentle.
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 06, 2021 06:39PM
you are OK. Nothing else matters at this point.
Posted by: cyclemax
Date: August 06, 2021 07:27PM
mrbigstuff
I would not ascribe any ill intent, it could have fallen off, I'm sure they were not all that gentle.

I certainly don't. I suspect that is what happened. It would not take much of a bump to knock it off. I'm just hoping it is somewhere in the back of the cruiser rather than on the ground somewhere.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: August 06, 2021 08:01PM
cyclemax
mrbigstuff

I certainly don't. I suspect that is what happened. It would not take much of a bump to knock it off. I'm just hoping it is somewhere in the back of the cruiser rather than on the ground somewhere.

It's not the ill intent... it's the thought of losing all the data and mileage contained in that little buggar!
Gotta have the bike computer to prove your top speed, and average speed on THAT Sunday ride....

Without the computer, it didn't happen.

Hope you find it ASAP.
==
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 06, 2021 08:16PM
Buzz
It's not the ill intent... it's the thought of losing all the data and mileage contained in that little buggar!
Gotta have the bike computer to prove your top speed, and average speed on THAT Sunday ride....

Without the computer, it didn't happen.
==

...Unless you told your Apple Watch to start a cycling workout.

[support.apple.com]

Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 06, 2021 08:47PM
space-time
you are OK. Nothing else matters at this point.

agree smiley

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: davester
Date: August 06, 2021 09:35PM
In related news, a close friend of mine has been riding across the US from west to east and was hit by a car two days ago just outside Ness City, Kansas (i.e. the very definition of the middle of nowhere). He suffered whiplash, contusions, maybe a mild concussion but luckily no serious injuries. However, he is in no condition to ride so his big adventure has ended and he is flying home. He was on a perfectly straight country road with shoulder and the car driver admitted to being on cruise control (playing with his phone?) at 65 mph when his car ran off the road and hit my friend. This strikes home for me because I was smashed into from behind by a pickup truck while on a bike tour of New England several decades ago.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: d4
Date: August 07, 2021 08:08AM
Have you considered cheap cable ties to prevent the computer from falling off? They come in various lengths all the way up to 18"-24". They are cheap enough (3cents?) that you don't think twice about snipping them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020